• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the way I read the ALPA admin manual it looks like there will be 3 people from ASA and 3 people from XJT that will make up the committee and determine the SLI. It is solely up to this "merger" committee. The MEC's won't even have a vote. That is why I need to be put on this committee. I will deliver the goods.

How is it not fair? If you're 20% on the list before the merger and you're 20% after then whats the problem? Where have you lost? Now consider you're 20% before the merger and then you're 30% after....or you're 90% before and 70% after?

Well let's see.

Quality of trips
Quality of VAC
Ability of moving to larger airframe, since xjet has none
and the list gets loinger as time passes.

5 year fences on equipment/domicile changes seems like a no-brainer demand for everyone approaching this from the ASA side.

Our two pilot groups are so close in seniority, that DOH is the ONLY fair way to do this! We have more senior people, so maybe we can do a hybrid relative down to say 1996 hires, but after that, it needs to be straight DOH. I don't want to see XJT guys screwed on this deal, but i won't fall on my sword either. We also don't need a five year fence, thats silly, no xjt guy should be able to displace an asa guy, and vice versa, but an opening is an opening. Its not like the 900 is a freakin' 747! For Gods sake pinnacle flys them! That takes all of the special out of them right there!

Our two pilot groups are so close in seniority, that DOH is the ONLY fair way to do this! We have more senior people, so maybe we can do a hybrid relative down to say 1996 hires, but after that, it needs to be straight DOH. I don't want to see XJT guys screwed on this deal, but i won't fall on my sword either. We also don't need a five year fence, thats silly, no xjt guy should be able to displace an asa guy, and vice versa, but an opening is an opening. Its not like the 900 is a freakin' 747! For Gods sake pinnacle flys them! That takes all of the special out of them right there!

No, it is not the ONLY FAIR way to do this. You can holler all you like and it won't change anything. Ultimately, both groups must accept what is worked out after the JCBA is done. If not, it ends up in an arbiter's hands. I don't think any of us want that.

Tarzan, you're an ASA pilot right? You must be on the MEC, they care more for the XJT pilots well being than ours.

Date of hire is the most fair way to do a seniority merger of to like pilot groups. According to this breakdown, the top half leans asa, the bottom half xjt. Asa just has more total senior people.
Date of hire is fair. That's what we use now. When combining two airlines we should use the same rule. Just because one airline is slightly larger doesn't mean they sholuld jump over more senior people. However, fences should be in place to protect current job status and domicile at both airlines.

Latest resources

Back