Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cometman said:
I think the guy is a jerk also but I think you owe him an apology for that statement. Now Lear70 will suspend me for calling his friend a jerk.:
1st, I don't moderate SWA/AAI threads.

2nd, yes it was an extremely obnoxious comment by OrangeBellyAv8tor, completely uncalled for, and it got him suspended.

3rd, no Cometman, despite your extremely aggressive and rude PM, it wasn't me. You can clearly see WHO deleted the posts (CLR4THEAPCH). I've been flying since 0625 this morning, 12 hour duty day, 7.5 hours of flying, just got to PHL a couple hours ago, haven't been on FI all day...

YOUR post was deleted because it QUOTED the offensive language in OrangeBellyAv8tor's post. That's it. We've clearly (and repeatedly) told people NOT to quote offensive language because we don't have the ability to EDIT posts, we can only delete the whole post or an entire thread. That means if YOU quote someone's offensive language in your reply, your reply gets deleted, too.

Hope that clears up any confusion you might have.

A little observation....it does seem to me the SW guys are a bit more militant on here. Ty wants to keep his seat....wouldn't you?

On face value, yes. Absolutely.
But we are not comparing two 'like' companies.

How about this..

If I were Ty and hypothetically put at the very top of the SW FO list to have..

1-higher pay
2-fly any schedule I wanted
3-better QOL
4-better medical
5-better retirement

I would sign up in a heartbeat. But it sounds like they want all of the above and to keep every CA seat. Sounds like a windfall.

And the arbitor will see it that way.

On face value, yes. Absolutely.
But we are not comparing two 'like' companies.

How about this..

If I were Ty and hypothetically put at the very top of the SW FO list to have..

I would sign up in a heartbeat.

You do understand that nobody believes that ..... ? Least of all yourself.

A little observation....it does seem to me the SW guys are a bit more militant on here. Ty wants to keep his seat....wouldn't you?

not necessarily. i've got a buddy who's a tranny capt and lives in dallas. i'm a mid-level swa f/o. we both know how much each other makes, me more than him. he said he would be happy with a staple:
1. no more atl commute
2. more $$$
3. more flexibility
4. eventually he will be able to drive to work, right now, will never be an option
5. better sched (although with the combo of the two companies who knows what/how lines will be written)
6. NOT airtran mgmt
7. better overall qol

if i were at a company that had such strong support to strike i don't care what seat i'm in, with the list from above, left or right i'd take it.

Hey Gup,

I thought the junior Captain at SWA had been with the company for 9.5 years ?

I'm not trying to be particular. Nor am I ignoring the vagaries of seniority, bases and the internet. If a pilot at SWA is a FO after 11 years wouldn't it be for QOL needs ?

Cheers

For the most part you are right, D, but there were a few Lance Captains that got stuck in the right seat when the music stopped a couple of years ago (age 60 combined with putting the skids on growth out of the blue). The junior CA is a '01 hire, but not sure what the most senior FO's hire date is.

Cheers,
PW

Fence the ops as long as it takes to come to a mutual (ie. both unions agreeing) agreement....Trannies can keep their seniority on their routes, with their pay & QOL. SWA pilots can keep their seniority, pay & QOL on their routes. Air Tran can keep their wonderful culture and SWA pilots can keep theirs. It's a win-win. I enjoy flying with guys who feel privileged and happy to have started as number LAST at a great company. I'll vote for the necessary SWAPA-SWA waivers.

Hey Gup,

I thought the junior Captain at SWA had been with the company for 9.5 years ?

I'm not trying to be particular. Nor am I ignoring the vagaries of seniority, bases and the internet. If a pilot at SWA is a FO after 11 years wouldn't it be for QOL needs ?

Cheers

Hi Dicko,

Almost. The most junior Captain is 34 days from starting his 11th year. By the time ALPA realizes that SWA doesn't control the Process Agreement he'll be in his 11th year. By the time there is a combined seniority list he could be in his 13th year.

Gup

Latest resources

Back