• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a jerk because you think you somehow deserve my seat, or the seat of one of the 400 Captains junior to me. :laugh:

What I said was " . . .in the last 90 days" . . . not "on the day the merger was announced" which was four and a half months ago . . . perhaps you missed that. :rolleyes:

I also said that "I have never said that relative seniority was the only fair way". The post you dredged up from 9/27 said I believe that "some sort of relative seniority would be the most fair".

Apparently, reading for comprehension isn't exactly your strongest suit, but thanks for playing. :laugh:

OUCH! Ty's been pwned!!! :smash::laugh:

Kinda like Lear70 begging for a staple last year, now trying to talk his way out of it.

My money is on a straight staple which is the fairest integration of all. The pilots at the company being acquired should start at the bottom just like all the other pilots on SWA's seniority list. How is that not fair?

Better yet, put it to a vote of all AirTran pilots. But I guess that wouldn't be fair either in the eyes of the greedy AirTran captains. :rolleyes:

Kinda like Lear70 begging for a staple last year, now trying to talk his way out of it.

My money is on a straight staple which is the fairest integration of all. The pilots at the company being acquired should start at the bottom just like all the other pilots on SWA's seniority list. How is that not fair?

Better yet, put it to a vote of all AirTran pilots. But I guess that wouldn't be fair either in the eyes of the greedy AirTran captains. :rolleyes:

Goody!, looks like someone just got back to Cockroach Alley in MIA! Time to get some sleep, you had a long night and are starting to repeat yourself (again). Have a nice day, and say "Hi" to Cane Man!

If I'm not mistaking US Air/ PSA was a merger/acquisitions. Same with Piedmont /US Air. Are you suggesting that psa and pdt pilots should have been stapled?

Guys read the SEC filing that SW has on 2/1. It is over 70 pages regarding the MERGER. It uses the word MERGER throughout the document. The media can use acquisition in all the press releases, but the SEC filing is the meat and potatoes. Granted I don't think there is much difference in the two. This is SW buying Airtran for the purpose of a merger.

The pilots at the company being acquired should start at the bottom just like all the other pilots on SWA's seniority list. How is that not fair?

Bob, you can't really be as stupid as your posts make you sound. That means either you're just messing with us, or perhaps you were dropped on your head at some point.

Either way, life is too short to spend any more time on you. Welcome to my "ignore list". :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back