Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just cancel it already.

If you were a CEO which side would you grow?, the one with the cheaper labor force which happens to be entrenched in your last frontier at the Worlds Busiest Airport or the more expensive one which is already maxed out with no growth in the CONUS?

If I were CEO I'd grow the one that's the most profitable and expands the brand of the company. I'd also move the best parts of the other part to the first part to make it even more profitable.

I'd gather it's what smart CEOs would do. Business is not always about lowest cost--it is about best margins. That may sound like grandstanding for the SWA position--but you asked. I do think it's impolite of SWA pilots to promote a whip saw against AAI pilots. Still, if the SLI becomes USAPA Part Deux, it's not out of the question.

I'm not sure where this idea got started, but I haven't said that "relative is the only fair way".
Out of curiosity, I did a search for all posts in the past 90 days made by me (or to me) that contain the words "relative seniority".
In not one of them did I say anything of the sort.

Actually Ty, I did a check of my own...took about two minutes. That's about the same amount of time from the announcement of the acquisition it took you to state your thoughts on relative seniority.

This is from 9/27 by Ty Webb:

The most important thing, to me, is quality of life. The payscales are a given ('cept for the 717, but I'm sure they'll be fair).

I want to work at a place where I can enjoy working with other pilots, and not an "east versus west" "redtails versus bluetails" or "corn dog versus tranny". I feel pretty confident that our negotiators and their will come up with something that we can all live with.

To me, the most fair method is some sort of relative seniority- where you are is where you is.

You may not say relative is "the only fair way", but you have stated relative more than a couple times. In fact, that's the only integration method you have mentioned, so I guess that's why you have been characterized as such.
I'm not saying its criminal to reach for the stars Ty, but don't try to act like the victim when people refer to you by your past statements.

Last edited:
Actually Ty, I did a check of my own...took about two minutes. That's about the same amount of time from the announcement of the acquisition it took you to state your thoughts on relative seniority.

This is from 9/27 by Ty Webb:

What I said was " . . .in the last 90 days" . . . not "on the day the merger was announced" which was four and a half months ago . . . perhaps you missed that. :rolleyes:

I also said that "I have never said that relative seniority was the only fair way". The post you dredged up from 9/27 said I believe that "some sort of relative seniority would be the most fair".

Apparently, reading for comprehension isn't exactly your strongest suit, but thanks for playing. :laugh:

Last edited:
What I said was " . . .in the last 90 days" . . . not "on the day the merger was announced" which was four and a half months ago . . . perhaps you missed that. :rolleyes:

I also said that "I have never said that relative seniority was the only fair way". The post you dredged up from 9/27 said I believe that "some sort of relative seniority would be the most fair".

Apparently, reading for comprehension isn't exactly your strongest suit, but thanks for playing. :laugh:

That reply sounded like my 9 year old trying to get out of trouble for something he knows he did. LOL.

That was a very intelligent reply, Ty. Good one!! (I hope you can read the sarcasm in that, but since you are probably on your daddy's computer, I doubt it.)

Last edited:
That was a very intelligent reply, Ty. Good one!! (I hope you can read the sarcasm in that, but since you are probably on your daddy's computer, I doubt it.)

If my Dad were still alive, I wouldn't be wasting my time typing posts about a stupid merger. If your Dad is still alive, you might want to take that into consideration.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back