Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Dicko,

Almost. The most junior Captain is 34 days from starting his 11th year. By the time ALPA realizes that SWA doesn't control the Process Agreement he'll be in his 11th year. By the time there is a combined seniority list he could be in his 13th year.

Gup

Thanks Gup et al,

I used the APC junior Captain hire date. It shows a SWA junior Captain hire date of April 2001.

I think we may work this out prior to the lawyers making themselves very wealthy. The USAir situation should fill us all with dread. It's a cautionary tale. If we can't do any better ...... We could be screwed.

Happy Saturday,

Cheers :)

Fence the ops as long as it takes to come to a mutual (ie. both unions agreeing) agreement....Trannies can keep their seniority on their routes, with their pay & QOL. SWA pilots can keep their seniority, pay & QOL on their routes. Air Tran can keep their wonderful culture and SWA pilots can keep theirs. It's a win-win. I enjoy flying with guys who feel privileged and happy to have started as number LAST at a great company. I'll vote for the necessary SWAPA-SWA waivers.

I have seen truck loads of chain link fencing at the SWAPA HQ and I understand we are looking at real estate in the ATL are to coral the citrus hold out hard core ALPA wacko's who think they are entitled to our left seats.

We need to stop buying key lime pie and throwing parties for these guys until they get with the program. They are sharpening their long knives for the fight and all we can do is throw parties talk about changing our employee numbers for them so they will will more comfortable when they get here ?? WTFO We need to fight these guys with all we have in us. These guys are trying to get what is not theirs. They are already getting a great deal as is but in typical ALPA job killing machine tactics they are being told they can get more. ALPA will not rest until the SWAPA house is burned down and we all have the same type of deal the America West guys got.

Fence these guys off for ever if we have to.

I have seen truck loads of chain link fencing at the SWAPA HQ and I understand we are looking at real estate in the ATL are to coral the citrus hold out hard core ALPA wacko's who think they are entitled to our left seats.

We need to stop buying key lime pie and throwing parties for these guys until they get with the program. They are sharpening their long knives for the fight and all we can do is throw parties talk about changing our employee numbers for them so they will will more comfortable when they get here ?? WTFO We need to fight these guys with all we have in us. These guys are trying to get what is not theirs. They are already getting a great deal as is but in typical ALPA job killing machine tactics they are being told they can get more. ALPA will not rest until the SWAPA house is burned down and we all have the same type of deal the America West guys got.

Does this mean you won't be coming to the next Round Up party in Atlanta?

I don't want to alarm you but it looks like something is on fire in you picture. Stop, drop and roll or it will leave a mark.

I agree 100% and am making that case whenever I can in and out of the cockpit. Our core values at SWA are Servant's Heart, Fun-Loving Attitude and WARRIOR SPIRIT. We need to emphasize the third right now and treat our negotiations like the threat they are. I will be polite and even friendly towards the Air Tran folks but they have already won the lottery--it's time to fight--all out--for the SWA bottom half that has a lot to lose from this "good deal."

I agree 100% and am making that case whenever I can in and out of the cockpit. Our core values at SWA are Servant's Heart, Fun-Loving Attitude and WARRIOR SPIRIT. We need to emphasize the third right now and treat our negotiations like the threat they are. I will be polite and even friendly towards the Air Tran folks but they have already won the lottery--it's time to fight--all out--for the SWA bottom half that has a lot to lose from this "good deal."

We are a threat to you but you will still be friendly to our face?!?! Did you do this sort of thing during cheerleading tryouts or pledging your sorority?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back