• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The law was created so you don't have a bunch of pilots on the bottom of a seniority list, plain and simple. Questions for the SWA guys...........why was the Bond/mcaskill (spelling) law created? Why would an arbitrator not consider "fair and equitable" as directly related to the TWA/AA debacle? Anything close to a staple can't legally happen in arbitration.....sorry guys. This is my last post regarding this .....if you guys think only a staple is fair, then you are truly ego diven maniacs with no consideration fo having sound judgement....look forward to working with a vast majority of you guys. Remember good ol karma. Airline industry is a crazy one and you never know where you will be 10-20 yrs.

as directly related to the TWA/AA debacle?

Was it truly a debacle? TWA was days away from going out of business completely. Would it have been fair for TWA guys to keep jobs while AA guys were furloughed. I don't think so.

I understand we live in a world where it isn't politically correct to hurt anyones feelings or let survival of the fittest rule but that doesn't make it right. Some times IT IS FAIR for the slowest kid on the playground to get left on the sidelines during the relay race. It is life. Think about it.

Think about it.

The law was created so you don't have a bunch of pilots on the bottom of a seniority list, plain and simple. Questions for the SWA guys...........why was the Bond/mcaskill (spelling) law created? Why would an arbitrator not consider "fair and equitable" as directly related to the TWA/AA debacle? Anything close to a staple can't legally happen in arbitration.....sorry guys. This is my last post regarding this .....if you guys think only a staple is fair, then you are truly ego diven maniacs with no consideration fo having sound judgement....look forward to working with a vast majority of you guys. Remember good ol karma. Airline industry is a crazy one and you never know where you will be 10-20 yrs.

Bond/McCaskill is a poorly worded law that has no teeth. It was an attempt by two Missouri politicians to gain votes in the St Louis area. Truth is the TWA folks where going to be on the street anyway.

Bond/McCaskill is a poorly worded law that has no teeth. It was an attempt by two Missouri politicians to gain votes in the St Louis area. Truth is the TWA folks where going to be on the street anyway.

Wishful thinking.

This is going to go to arbitration and the spirit of the law will be upheld. There will your 10% groaners, 10% moaners, but the rest will pick up and life will go on and then what in the world will we talk about.

Get ready for a painful reality.

This may be the most relevant, revealing post yet.

Airtran pilots will soon have a gigantic gains in compensation, work rules, and job security. And yet AAI pilot Max Powers enthusiastically reminds me that my new reality as a SWA pilot is likely to be "painful."

At least we both understand the inequity involved.

If it is voted in by the majority of the SWAPA boys and girls they would have no grounds for a lawsuit. I know you can sue for anything but I doubt they would get very far with it.

What does a vote by a majority have to do with preventing lawsuits by disenfranchised groups from either seniority list. That's the whole point on the law is that majority can't just trump the rights and interests of a minority from either list. Best of luck, but without an arbitration, there will be much more infighting, with one, everyone can just be mad at the arbitrator together, it's much more unifying!

Airtran pilots will soon have a gigantic gains in compensation, work rules, and job security. And yet AAI pilot Max Powers enthusiastically reminds me that my new reality as a SWA pilot is likely to be "painful."

At least we both understand the inequity involved.

Getting tired of this.....I hope this is just a few BOZOs at tranny. I hope we are able to weed them out within their first year while they are on probation, it will be a lot better for our culture.

You'd better ask the bottom half of the WN list if they are cool with that.

Gup

Are you referring to the "Whine and Cheese" group that I am sick of listening to?

All I hear is what AT is gaining... and the point is?? STFU

Latest resources

Back