• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

I'm cool. You cool?

Gup

Oh yeah, I'm good, thanks. Just got back in from playing in the snow with my son, built a snowman, snowball fight, hot cocoa and Sponge Bob, headed back to work tomorrow, 15 hours in Tampa, 24 hours in Cancun, life is awesome, it really is... :D

I'm as nervous as the next guy over how this will all go down, but I'm just happy to be here and staying positive over what the future holds.

Best thing I ever did was stopping moderating these discussions and not posting nearly as much. Thanks for the kick in the tail about it... Seriously. :beer:

:)

Just don't understand why this has to be so acrimonious. I really don't. Every time things start to calm down, people have to rile each other up again. Really doesn't need to be this way...

Really? You can't see the reason for the acrimony?

Our company has decided that we should give your pilots a significant chunk of our seniority. Losing it to new hires does not make us happy. Huge gains in every facet of your careers are not enough. You have to take our seniority as well. That is the source of the acrimony.

It's nothing personal, so forgive us if we view you as uninvited relatives that are coming to live in our house, and are gonna eat us out of house and home.

So you're telling me it's like Eddie in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:

Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark.

;)

In all seriousness, I understand why people are aggravated and concerned, I just don't see how it translates to this much *personal* animosity. It's not like the individual pilots decided this was a great idea (although from a business standpoint it makes sense to me), so what good does taking it out on each other do?

And as far as our international destinations becoming turns and 10 hour overnights, yeah, that's why I'm getting as many in as I can now... :D

What does a vote by a majority have to do with preventing lawsuits by disenfranchised groups from either seniority list. That's the whole point on the law is that majority can't just trump the rights and interests of a minority from either list. Best of luck, but without an arbitration, there will be much more infighting, with one, everyone can just be mad at the arbitrator together, it's much more unifying!

I didn't say they couldn't sue but I don't think there is any grounds for it if the majority of the group votes for an agreement. That is what voting is for.

Really? You can't see the reason for the acrimony?

Our company has decided that we should give your pilots a significant chunk of our seniority. Losing it to new hires does not make us happy. Huge gains in every facet of your careers are not enough. You have to take our seniority as well. That is the source of the acrimony.

It's nothing personal, so forgive us if we view you as uninvited relatives that are coming to live in our house, and are gonna eat us out of house and home.

You get to keep all of your seniority and your crappy attitute.

And the AT pilots are not uninvited, Airtran is considered so valuable to
the future of SWA that they are paying $1.4 Billion.

You paid for your training to be an airline pilot, and now you
want them to buy you that Captain's seat that you've always wanted.

Sorry, ain't gonna happen. No "Seat-Grab Windfall"

Latest resources

Back