• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting tired of this.....I hope this is just a few BOZOs at tranny. I hope we are able to weed them out within their first year while they are on probation, it will be a lot better for our culture.
The only AAI pilots who will be on probation are the ones who just came through class this last year. We already HAD our probationary first year back when we were new hires and there will be no probationary period when we combine operations.

NO airline merger OR acquisition has had a "probationary first year" clause in it; we certainly wouldn't agree to one voluntarily and no arbitrator would award it.

Do we really need divisive statements like this? Really?

What does a vote by a majority have to do with preventing lawsuits by disenfranchised groups from either seniority list. That's the whole point on the law is that majority can't just trump the rights and interests of a minority from either list. Best of luck, but without an arbitration, there will be much more infighting, with one, everyone can just be mad at the arbitrator together, it's much more unifying!
Well-said.

The more I hear from all ends of the spectrum at both airlines, the more and more I believe this will go to arbitration in the end, if primarily to prevent the DFR lawsuits.

Really looking forward to putting all this behind us and moving forward as one, great airline!

I think we are all trying to move beyond the negativity that has been expressed here for the past few months. I'm going to try to do my part.

That would be nice.

Get ready for a painful reality.

But it seems doubtful. I predict the trash talking will continue for the rest of our careers. This is a mistake of epic proportions.

NO airline merger OR acquisition has had a "probationary first year" clause in it; we certainly wouldn't agree to one voluntarily and no arbitrator would award it.

Sure about that? I'm pretty sure Morris guys had a probation period.

Sure about that? I'm pretty sure Morris guys had a probation period.
I was considering recent history (the last 10 years or so of mergers and acquisitions). Should have been more specific, since I haven't gone back and researched non-relevant M&A's (pre-M/B and much of anything before the mid-80's).

As far as Morris, they voluntarily signed for all the terms to be stapled to the bottom of the SWA list. That's just not going to fly with the AirTran pilots, no pun intended.

Just don't understand why this has to be so acrimonious. I really don't. Every time things start to calm down, people have to rile each other up again. Really doesn't need to be this way...

As far as Morris, they voluntarily signed for all the terms to be stapled to the bottom of the SWA list. That's just not going to fly with the AirTran pilots, no pun intended

Actually no. The Morris Air pilots did sue over the stapling but they lost. This particular case resulted in the AMR, Reno and TWA cases and consequently the revamping of labor laws. So you might surmise that it's just a big circle of events.

Just don't understand why this has to be so acrimonious. I really don't. Every time things start to calm down, people have to rile each other up again. Really doesn't need to be this way...

Deleted

Last edited:
This may be the most relevant, revealing post yet.

Airtran pilots will soon have a gigantic gains in compensation, work rules, and job security. And yet AAI pilot Max Powers enthusiastically reminds me that my new reality as a SWA pilot is likely to be "painful."

At least we both understand the inequity involved.

As I was reading this thread I realized how apropos your screen name really is. No matter which Airline we work for .......

Voltaire should have been a pilot.

Latest resources

Back