Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Options Pilots SCREWED??.Again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong as usual.

The active FO pilots wanted the option to transition to FJ and said it was unfair that junior pilots that were furloughed were being given the opportunity before them. Now, who is screwing the furloughed pilots?[/]

Your an idiot! Do you really believe this. This idea is all upper management (that's you)

Dime, he's not management.

I do not understand why the Flex pilots think this is such a great deal for the FO pilots. You should be a little worried.

Sure they will go to the bottom of your seniority list and all become coffee boys, what you all seem to be missing is what else is going to happen.

Kenn is going to see that Flight Options pilots are willing fly CL300 and Lear 45 for 100K per year and a 401K match with a promise of a small raise in 4 to 7 years.

It will just prove to Kenn that the Flex pilots are over paid since he will now have a group of pilots willing to do the work for $40K less per year then he is paying the Flex pilots. His next move will surely be to freeze the Flex pilots pay, change your schedule to an 8/7 and cut some benefits. When the Flex pilots get pi$$ed off and start to look for other jobs due to the changes he will be able to just bring up the FO pilots and give them $110 K per year.

The FO pilots will increase in pay and benefits a little and be happy, he will get rid of some of those high price Flex pilots then bring in the furloughed Options Pilots to fill in the holes left at Options from pilots who slide over to the Flex side.

In the end Kenn wins.

I do not understand why the Flex pilots think this is such a great deal for the FO pilots. You should be a little worried.

Sure they will go to the bottom of your seniority list and all become coffee boys, what you all seem to be missing is what else is going to happen.

Kenn is going to see that Flight Options pilots are willing fly CL300 and Lear 45 for 100K per year and a 401K match with a promise of a small raise in 4 to 7 years.

It will just prove to Kenn that the Flex pilots are over paid since he will now have a group of pilots willing to do the work for $40K less per year then he is paying the Flex pilots. His next move will surely be to freeze the Flex pilots pay, change your schedule to an 8/7 and cut some benefits. When the Flex pilots get pi$$ed off and start to look for other jobs due to the changes he will be able to just bring up the FO pilots and give them $110 K per year.

The FO pilots will increase in pay and benefits a little and be happy, he will get rid of some of those high price Flex pilots then bring in the furloughed Options Pilots to fill in the holes left at Options from pilots who slide over to the Flex side.

In the end Kenn wins.

Wow, FLOPs really needs to step up the drug testing over there or add a conspiracy nut detection routine.

Wrong as usual.

The active FO pilots wanted the option to transition to FJ and said it was unfair that junior pilots that were furloughed were being given the opportunity before them. Now, who is screwing the furloughed pilots?[/]

Your an idiot! Do you really believe this. This idea is all upper management (that's you)

I was as suprised when this was announced as everyone else.

I personally don't like it. I feel FO pilots should have to interview to move to the FJ operation. I guess it shouldn't bother me. The people on here need the protection of the union and wouldn't step our from under its umbrella of protection.

I also have friends on the outside that want to work at FJ and now they are being pushed further away from an interview.

Interested to hear what your beloved union has to say about this. I would think they would have had to sign off on it.

What part of lowering labor costs to maximize profits do you not understand?

How are they lowering costs.

Any Captain from FO coming over to FJ will be the highest paid FOs at FJ. FO FOs that come over will be somewhat close to their current pay so it would be pretty much a wash.

Our crew cost per aircraft will go up until the FO pilots that were PICs pay meets the FJ pay and that won't happen until they can hold PIC on the FJ seniority list.

Okay, here is how it's supposed to work to bring back furloughs. Every FO pilot who comes over creates a slot at FO for a furloughed FO pilot. Don't shoot me! I'm not commenting on the value of the offer. Each individual must determine the value for themselves, but that is the idea.

But this doesn't make sense. Why would a company spend an extra 40-50K in overall training costs which includes loss of productivity with double training just to let some Flops guys get in Flex aircraft before a furlough guy. I thought some of our furlough guys already were in the pool waiting for a class date. I guess there must be more than meets the eye here for this new about face for the guys that really need the job. I feel very sorry for those guys and my heart goes out to them.

Latest resources

Back