Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Options Pilots SCREWED??.Again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW, your pilots aren't listening to their union. Quite a few have already put in to bid over to FJ.

Since you all ways seem to have the inside information that nobody else does. Do tell us, are they senior or junior FO guys putting their "interest" for FJ in?
Because I see zero benefit for any senior guy to want to move to FJ.

Since you all ways seem to have the inside information that nobody else does. Do tell us, are they senior or junior FO guys putting their "interest" for FJ in?
Because I see zero benefit for any senior guy to want to move to FJ.

I have no clue the seniority of people putting in for it.

I would assume it would be the majority if not all your FOs.

It's really easy to blame management, if management doesn't invite the union to the party the union doesn't know a party is going on. It's 100% management.

Ok, now you can't have it both ways.

You guys keep selling us that if we get a union we will have a "seat at the table" and have a say in our future.

Now you are saying that management isn't inviting the union to the party.

If I were a FO pilot represented by the IBT I sure as heck would be asking the union to get involved. Either the union has the power to get involved and make a change or they are powerless.

Onh that's right, they are telling you guys not to bid over. Since they have no control they just tell you not to do it.

Some small cabin PIC's might be interested. The letter doesn't state hiring as SIC's at FJ. Even says in there "if hired as lr or challenger PIC"

We only reached out to the top 100. I believe there are still about 80 +\- left to call after all the active pilots have a chance to move over.

Again not true ... I'm in the top 100 and so are the other I know who have not been contacted ... I've had the same address and phone number for the last nine years, so that can't be used as an excuse.

I believe my prior union involvement might have something to do with it ... same as the others.

The Position is...

I will make this easy.

You will not be PICs. You will retain your PIC status at FO.

You will be a new hire at FJ.

Are you really so sure? They already did things out of seniority with the Global pilots. You are an "at will" employee. Management has NO requirement to honor seniority.

Date: August 26, 2014
To: Flight Options Pilots

"A Legacy Captain in his 16th Year will stay on the FO scale if hired as a Learjet Captain; and will transition to the FX scale in his 10th Year if hired as a Challenger Captain."

Sounds like a Flight Options pilot won't know what position he's getting until after his name in the hat via "bid."

So, Flight Options pilots put in for the move and then management picks and chooses who flies what. Great deal.

Also, please keep using the word "bid."

As in "bid" over here. "Bid" for the position at Flexjet.

Good stuff for a lawsuit.

Are you really so sure? They already did things out of seniority with the Global pilots. You are an "at will" employee. Management has NO requirement to honor seniority.

Date: August 26, 2014
To: Flight Options Pilots

"A Legacy Captain in his 16th Year will stay on the FO scale if hired as a Learjet Captain; and will transition to the FX scale in his 10th Year if hired as a Challenger Captain."

Sounds like a Flight Options pilot won't know what position he's getting until after his name in the hat via "bid."

So, Flight Options pilots put in for the move and then management picks and chooses who flies what. Great deal.

Also, please keep using the word "bid."

As in "bid" over here. "Bid" for the position at Flexjet.

Good stuff for a lawsuit.

Comparing FO pilots transitioning to Flex with the Global program is comparing apples to oranges and further proves you're just trying to spread fear.

Fear?

Comparing FO pilots transitioning to Flex with the Global program is comparing apples to oranges and further proves you're just trying to spread fear.

I have said nothing about "fear" or being "afraid" of any of these on-goings.

Just discussing what is happening and what the implications may be.

Nice try. But those are not "apples to oranges" comparisons.

The fact remains constant that Flight Options seniority listed pilots retain their Flight Options seniority list number, fly aircraft under the control of Flexjet (Globals and whatever other aircraft assigned) and are given a seniority number after CW on the Flexjet seniority list.

On a side note. CW is a furloughed Flight Options pilot. So, he holds a seniority number on both lists. The other Flight Options furloughed pilots in the Flexjet hiring pool were told to go pound sand.

Latest resources

Back