Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Options Pilots SCREWED??.Again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I cannot believe anyone that still has a job at Options (and has had for the past 5 years) would even consider moving to Flexjet before the furloughed guys (you do remember the guys that had to sit on the sidelines so the company we had could survive through that poor economic time) that are swimming in the pool and have gone through the hiring process and are just waiting for a class date. To think our fellow pilots would not honor that sacrifice made by the people furloughed and would fill vacancies before them sickens me. Some thanks that is!!

Nice try...

Better yet - this is a publication produced by DW, JW and JS presented to the union just hours before released. Released by the same regardless of who the "from" says in the email.

So, it's from DW, JW and JS at the direction of their superiors.

Note that the announcement sent to Flexjet pilots differs from the announcement sent to Flight Options pilots.

Either way - the language presented to the Flight Options pilots with regard to "Captains" is accurately copied from the announcement.

What will really happen? Who knows - after all, it is an "at will" employment.

How about someone post the whole message. It is easy for you to take a small section and spin in as you feel fit.

Until the whole message is posted further discussion on this topic will produce nothing but inferrance and speculation.

The ball is in your court.

I cannot believe anyone that still has a job at Options (and has had for the past 5 years) would even consider moving to Flexjet before the furloughed guys (you do remember the guys that had to sit on the sidelines so the company we had could survive through that poor economic time) that are swimming in the pool and have gone through the hiring process and are just waiting for a class date. To think our fellow pilots would not honor that sacrifice made by the people furloughed and would fill vacancies before them sickens me. Some thanks that is!!
.........................................Quote. From SkyCat 45...................................

.................................BINGO ! We have a Winner !!.......................

Last edited:

Thats the truth.

It sounds like the Options posters are saying that they are being told that Options crew members "transferred" to FJ will be similar to an off-the-street new hire captain (except for their pay). Is that the thinking over there? If that's the case I'm very surprised that every FO didn't apply.

The story at FJ, as posted on Yammer, is that the Options crew members will be just like any other new hire (except for pay).

We all will be wearing 4 stripes and flying from the left seat soon, but that doesn't mean we'll all be paid as a captain.

We all will be wearing 4 stripes and flying from the left seat soon, but that doesn't mean we'll all be paid as a captain.

Do you guys swap seats or do FO's fly from the right seat all the time?

At Options we usually swap seats every other day.

As tiresome as I may find TWA's rabid anti-union bias, in the matter of PIC assignment, I believe his information to be correct. I have taken the time to do my homework and speak with the parties involved. The current plan is that the transferring FO pilots will wear 4 stripes and swap seats, but WILL NOT be assigned as legal PIC of the Flexjet aircraft. Upgrades to official PIC status, schedule, and vacation bidding will be determined by the pilot's Flexjet seniority number, which in the case of Captain upgrades, means essentially never, unless there is a massive influx of aircraft there.

How about someone post the whole message. It is easy for you to take a small section and spin in as you feel fit.

Until the whole message is posted further discussion on this topic will produce nothing but inferrance and speculation.

Are you purposely telling us to break the confidentiality language of an email sent out written by KR's lawyers through our VP of Ops.

Didn't you go on a rant once about confidentiality of the companies emails.

Oh what do I care, as soon as I can I will, just can't do it from this device at this time.

Confidential

Is that alright now?

Your warned that individuals could get in a lot of trouble for posting internal company communications.

Latest resources

Back