Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Options Pilots SCREWED??.Again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TWA, didn't the man himself say something about wanting to realize the synergies by combining us? It was in the first talk he gave. If the man himself wants us merged, it's my experience it happens regardless. But time will tell, nothing to get cranked up about that I can see.

Exactly...

Hard to say how it will unfold. I feel more and more Options guys I talk with are ready to let the chips fall where they may and file and vote. Or if enough Options guys fill out the yellow cards for either In house, 1108 or no union then I believe it could force the Unions hand. At some point I think even the Union knows they will have to file.

Exactly. When the FO pilot group realizes the union's leadership cares more about union survival than a legitimate merger (where current seniority would dictate pilot opportunities...no bottom of the list), then the cards will follow.

If this opportunity for FO pilots was truly a chance for growth at FJ,Why are they granting LOA's for only 2 years. I'll stay where i'm at and see what happens when the FO pilots return.

FJ reached out to FO furloughs and interviewed months ago.

Not completely true ... several of us were never contacted ... no training or background issues ... just involvement in the unions beginnings is my guess.

Not completely true ... several of us were never contacted ... no training or background issues ... just involvement in the unions beginnings is my guess.

We only reached out to the top 100. I believe there are still about 80 +\- left to call after all the active pilots have a chance to move over.

WRONG! One of the guys I know is in the top 50 and never got a call. So i'll call BS on that one.

Well there may have been a reason. We don't have to follow any call back rights for FO pilots. Flexjet can use almost any criteria it wants to pick and choose from your furloughed pilots.

WRONG! One of the guys I know is in the top 50 and never got a call. So i'll call BS on that one.

I am sure the people who made the calls for interviews only were able to contact those on the list provided by FO. How would FJ know anything about your guy if he wasn't on that list?

I am suprised that your union didn't step up and try to provide an accurate list to FJ to ensure that their furloughed brothers were being treated fairly. Maybe they only feel a responsibility to protect the rights of their active members that are paying them dues.

It is so easy for you to always throw the blame totally on management, however your union should have stuck up for your furloughed members.

I am sure the people who made the calls for interviews only were able to contact those on the list provided by FO. How would FJ know anything about your guy if he wasn't on that list?

I am suprised that your union didn't step up and try to provide an accurate list to FJ to ensure that their furloughed brothers were being treated fairly. Maybe they only feel a responsibility to protect the rights of their active members that are paying them dues.

It is so easy for you to always throw the blame totally on management, however your union should have stuck up for your furloughed members.

It's really easy to blame management, if management doesn't invite the union to the party the union doesn't know a party is going on. It's 100% management.

It's really easy to blame management, if management doesn't invite the union to the party the union doesn't know a party is going on. It's 100% management.

The line pilots at FO were aware we were planning to interview furloughed pilots. Your union leadership is made up of line pilots. Not sure who they could be unaware.

You seem to always find a way to have the union be blameless.

Why don't you post e email that was sent to the FO pilots from the IBT telling them not to bid over to FJ.

I think the IBT is afraid of losing revenue, sorry dues.

BTW, your pilots aren't listening to their union. Quite a few have already put in to bid over to FJ.

Latest resources

Back