Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Options Pilots SCREWED??.Again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TWA
I didn't know the fence agreement was finalized.

It was not, however that is what your union proposed.

Each side would be fenced to aircraft each pilots currently fly at their operation. Last time I checked you don't fly challenger 300s. Oh, and flying them for FJ wouldn't count, since that would still be "our" side of the fence.

You guys should quit drooling over our airplanes and how you will be captains on them. It just isn't going to happen. You are being given the opportunity to come fly them, however it will be as a SIC as all new hires do.

Your union needs to focus on your future contaract as negotiantions can start this fall. Your future is tied to your next contract.

I truly wish the best for you guys. I hope your next contract is everything you hope it will be. Maybe then you will quit worrying about the FJ side of the company so much.

His next move will surely be to freeze the Flex pilots pay, change your schedule to an 8/7 and cut some benefits. .

That won't happen. KR has stated that he prefers our bid system to the 8/7 because it allows for flexibility during peak and non peak. 8/7 means you have the same staffing year round which is not what is needed in this business.

That won't happen. KR has stated that he prefers our bid system to the 8/7 because it allows for flexibility during peak and non peak. 8/7 means you have the same staffing year round which is not what is needed in this business.

The way I understand it is that the extra airline costs of our schedules are more than offset by the savings on charters during peak days.

6/5/2014
We will start interviewing active FO pilots this fall who wish to resign and come to FJ,

6/5/2014
Confirmed on Saturday during the pilot conference call.

6/1/2014
Will still offer preferential interviews to furloughed FO pilots, but now will do the same for active FO pilots that want to come to FJ

8/30/2014
I was as suprised when this was announced as everyone else.

I personally don't like it. I feel FO pilots should have to interview to move to the FJ operation. I guess it shouldn't bother me. The people on here need the protection of the union and wouldn't step our from under its umbrella of protection.

I also have friends on the outside that want to work at FJ and now they are being pushed further away from an interview.

Interested to hear what your beloved union has to say about this. I would think they would have had to sign off on it.

Still surprised by this announcement?

Latest resources

Back