Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Options Pilots SCREWED??.Again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a side note, this economy is really starting to pick-up, with the forth coming pilot shortage, I don't think now is the time to piss off your long term highly skillled employee group. In a year or two you may pay dearly for it.

A better option might be to merge useing DOH, or run two different companies with the same pay and benefits. Either way, now is not the time to piss on people's shoes.

Are you really so sure? They already did things out of seniority with the Global pilots. You are an "at will" employee. Management has NO requirement to honor seniority.

Date: August 26, 2014
To: Flight Options Pilots

"A Legacy Captain in his 16th Year will stay on the FO scale if hired as a Learjet Captain; and will transition to the FX scale in his 10th Year if hired as a Challenger Captain."

Sounds like a Flight Options pilot won't know what position he's getting until after his name in the hat via "bid."

So, Flight Options pilots put in for the move and then management picks and chooses who flies what. Great deal.

Also, please keep using the word "bid."

As in "bid" over here. "Bid" for the position at Flexjet.

Good stuff for a lawsuit.

This is an excerpt from the letter you received:

4)​A pilot transitioning to Flexjet will retain their Flight Options Seniority number. They will also be given a placeholder position at the bottom of the current Flexjet seniority list. The seniority position will be used for purposes of upgrading and pay at Flexjet should they retain their position for an extended period of time. This will also be used to monitor their parallel pay position in order to determine when parity occurs per item 3.

Sounds pretty clear to me. When your new FJ seniority number can hold Captain, you can hold Captain.

This is an excerpt from the letter you received:

4)​A pilot transitioning to Flexjet will retain their Flight Options Seniority number. They will also be given a placeholder position at the bottom of the current Flexjet seniority list. The seniority position will be used for purposes of upgrading and pay at Flexjet should they retain their position for an extended period of time. This will also be used to monitor their parallel pay position in order to determine when parity occurs per item 3.

Sounds pretty clear to me. When your new FJ seniority number can hold Captain, you can hold Captain.

Sounds pretty clear to me:

"18th year and more at FO includes EOY bonus.
A BJ/PH Captain in his 14th Year will stay on the FO scale
and will transition to the FX scale in his 7th year if hired
as a Learjet Captain; or will transition to the FX scale in
his 4th Year if hired as a Challenger Captain"

Sounds pretty clear to me:

"18th year and more at FO includes EOY bonus.
A BJ/PH Captain in his 14th Year will stay on the FO scale
and will transition to the FX scale in his 7th year if hired
as a Learjet Captain; or will transition to the FX scale in
his 4th Year if hired as a Challenger Captain"

Was this out out by the union or management?

It was "out out" by Joe Salata, VP of Flight Operations in an email to Flight Options pilots dated August 26. Slowtation's quote is accurate; it was copied verbatim from the email.

It was "out out" by Joe Salata, VP of Flight Operations in an email to Flight Options pilots dated August 26. Slowtation's quote is accurate; it was copied verbatim from the email.

I believe the problem is with the terminology.

Maybe the FO pilots coming to FJ will call themselves CAptains, but without a 299 line check (which they will not receive) they will definitely not be a PIC.

I am sorry that your VP put a glimmer of hope in your eyes that you might get to screw the FJ pilots, but that is just not the case.

Maybe the FO pilots coming to FJ will call themselves CAptains, but without a 299 line check (which they will not receive) they will definitely not be a PIC.

I am sorry that your VP put a glimmer of hope in your eyes that you might get to screw the FJ pilots, but that is just not the case.

It's not about FO pilots hoping to screw Flex pilots. Because none of us are-try to comprehend that. It's KR that's doing the screwing by allowing Options pilots to move to Flex and promoting the possibility of being hired as a LR or Challenger captain.

TWA 2 ASA FO;2489353 Maybe the FO pilots coming to FJ will call themselves CAptains said:
Are you the holder of the key for the .299 ride?
You didn't know that or VP put an email out stating "if hired as a captain" but what you can positively state that they will not be receiving .299 rides.
Or is this just you and you stating that you will not give a .299 ride.

Are you the holder of the key for the .299 ride?
You didn't know that or VP put an email out stating "if hired as a captain" but what you can positively state that they will not be receiving .299 rides.
Or is this just you and you stating that you will not give a .299 ride.

I can definitely state that I won't give them a 299 ride since I don't give anyone 299 rides. I thought you guys knew everything about me.

I am sorry that letter said what it did. He is NOT the VP at FJ and I don't believe he told you what he was supposed to.

I just don't want a bunch of FO pilots showing up on day one of training at FJ being pissed when they find out they are not going to be captains. That will do no one any good.

Nice Try

Nice try...

Better yet - this is a publication produced by DW, JW and JS presented to the union just hours before released. Released by the same regardless of who the "from" says in the email.

So, it's from DW, JW and JS at the direction of their superiors.

Note that the announcement sent to Flexjet pilots differs from the announcement sent to Flight Options pilots.

Either way - the language presented to the Flight Options pilots with regard to "Captains" is accurately copied from the announcement.

What will really happen? Who knows - after all, it is an "at will" employment.

Latest resources

Back