Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Funniest Thing You've Heard on the Radio?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
freakin computer...triple post...dang!

eric

Last edited:
ok im an instructor and was with a student taxiing off the runway.
E3 with a cessna taxiing towards us on E
Tower:warrior 123 say intentions
student: I am paying attention
and taxied right in front of the cessna and back to our flight school

Heard one from another instructor while on with center

student solo pilot: MSP center how much fuel do i have
MSP Center: advise land as soon as possible

Atlanta center the other day pulled a :

ATL: 88AX cleared direct glade springs and if there is anything else we can do here to make your flight more enjoyable for you please dont hesitate to let us know.

unknown: NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

Napoli (LIRN), middle of July one summer afternoon a very long time ago, 110 deg on the ramp, sweating our brains out ‘cause there was no APU in the Saberliner, and we’re waiting for start clearance to go back home to Sigonella after 4 legs; finally after about 15 minutes, ground pipes up: “JM, startup approved.” My aircraft commander, a senior O4 who acted more like an over grown frat boy, think he’s w/ one of the cargo carriers now, starts yelling and clapping his hands, “YEAAAA, BRAVO, BRAVO, YEA!!!!” I’m in the right seat and hold the mike over to him and click the transmitter while he’s in his fit of joy. He puts his hands over his mouth and utters “You didn’t?!” To which I nod yes. Next we hear, and imagine both in heavy Italian accent: ALITALA: “What the hell is going on?” Ground: ” Somebody must be drunk!” We laughed our behinds off the whole way home…

Last edited:
This thread is awesome. So, I'm going to rat myself out on this one. I was flying into Boston Logan in the early AM in the mighty Baron flying freight. Having tight deadlines( 5 minute turn on ground), I never did look at the departure procedure before calling for my clearance. I'd do that after the fact right before engine start and taxi.

CLNC DEL: Starcheck XXX, cleared to the BDL airport ??? departure Bosox transition as filed.............

Me: Starcheck XXX, cleared to the BDL airport ??? Departure BOTOX transiition as filed........

CLNC DEL: (laughing) No starcheck, it's the BOSOX transition

Me (Bashfully): Aww, that makes sense, Bosox transition as filed, good morning

My first flight in the Phoenix Area, just moved here about 3 weeks prior:

Glendale Tower: NXXXX report the Loop (101) and Grand (Avenue) for straight in Rwy 19.
Me: Report Luke (AFB) and Grand NXXXX.
Glendale Tower: Negative sir, the loop! Loop 101 and Grand Avenue. The Air Force might not like you flying over their field!
Me: Umm, roger, they probably wouldn't. Loop and Grand, NXXXX.

On a flight from IAH to IND last week after the Steelers took the Colts in the playoffs:

JL: Indy center, Jetlink 1234 FL340, How 'bout them Steelers??
Controller: roger, jetlink 1234, Indy center, turn left heading 180, direct IAH. How 'bout them Texans?

Friend of Mine said when flying into DFW, that AeroMexico 727 was suppose to Cross a Fix at 11,000 and 250 Kts!! He didn't do either, and the the controller with a pissed off voice said, AeroMexico I thought I gave you a crossing and speed restriction!!
Mexico's comeback!! With heavy Mexican voice---- Sometimes you make it and sometimes you don't!!
To top that off, the controller could hear the 727 Overspeed Clanker Making noise.... 'Mexico Say Speed'---- Long Pause
Then..... Heavy Mexican Voice!!! My Captain Say TwoFifty!!!

Confess!

DET Approach : Citation N@#@# would you call yourself established?
Citation: open mike....... pause........ uh sure....
DET: we show you well left of the ILS
Citation: open mike.... then closed.. no response..

Guy sitting next to me: CONFESSSSSSSS....

Citation: DET APProach, we're going around

DET: Good call, climb 3000, right heading 210

I was rolling!:laugh:

(Ok, I know this wasn't said on the radio....)
Talked to a guy this morning and he asked me what I did, -I'm sorry that I had to tell him about my profession, becuase it invokes too many comments such as, "Oh, I have a sister who's husband's brother flies for Southwest Airlines, and I think he only flies one trip a month to Tokyo, yep that's all he does in a month. "

Latest resources

Back