Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Full FedEx TA now available at ALPA website.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
satisfied

Overall I am satisfied....but.....did I read the deadheading section 8 correctly that deviation money used to commute to and from base will be declared as taxable income by the company? Holy frikin smoke Batman....well, I guess the rule about spending your entire bank if you could went out the window.

satisfied

Overall I am satisfied, but am I the only one who noticed that deviation expenses while commuting will be declared as "Taxable Income"? Holy frikin smoke batman! Guess those days of "burning up the bank". I knew the Company would try to find a way to limit use of the deviation bank. Depending on your commute, that could really suck.

flyhomefast said:
O.K, O.K, O.K,
Well, our vacation system is very similar to SWAs current
I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I believe at SWA if your vacation falls on blank days, that's it. There's no moving, or expanding at all. Your vacation is now the days that you would have had off anyhow.

I'm sure SWA/FO will correct me if I'm wrong... come on, I know you're lurking in here somewhere.

Hey Jakal,

Just read the same thing. That sucks but if it is taxable does it count towards our B Plan.. ?

Past...
PS Hole in One! Number 8. SFS!

New to the forum and already loving it. It's kind of like expressing an opinon on the crew bus and then waiting to get blasted by the ever present "expert". Anyway, here goes. I'll wait for the road shows, etc to vote but leaning towards "no". Single issue, I don't thinkl so. How about retro pay calculation, taxing my deadhead bank, and no change in substitution for starters. "You may fire when ready, Gridley."

I don't have time to read it today, so could someone give me the details about the Bonus/retro pay. How much, when would it be paid, etc?

When would the contract and new pay rates take effect?

Also, explain the deviation bank being taxable income. I have no idea how that works. I don't see why we would pay taxes on that money unless we get it as pay. I'm probably way off base on this so help me out.

flyhomefast said:
Well, our vacation system is very similar to SWAs current, better than Ups, but not as good as pre 911 united.

UALs pre 911? You might want to look at it again, there was nothing very impressive about that system. I would take ours any time over that!

Latest resources

Back