Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Full FedEx TA now available at ALPA website.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bratacus said:
New to the forum and already loving it. It's kind of like expressing an opinon on the crew bus and then waiting to get blasted by the ever present "expert". Anyway, here goes. I'll wait for the road shows, etc to vote but leaning towards "no". Single issue, I don't thinkl so. How about retro pay calculation, taxing my deadhead bank, and no change in substitution for starters. "You may fire when ready, Gridley."
Not blasting, but the way I read it, it's only taxable if you're deviating to/from your base (i.e. Memphis). Not your deadhead bank.

A pilot shall designate on his online expense report any claim for deviation travel expenses incurred while commuting to or from his base. The amount of such claim that is allowed/reimbursed shall be included in the pilot's income as taxable compensation and all applicable taxes will be withheld.

So, looking at it as a commuter, I'm usually never deviating to/from Memphis (my base). Only to/from my home.

That's my $.02. Does that make me the crew-bus expert? I hope not...

There are some goods. However, a 1% increase in B fund? YGTBSM! The 55 y.o. plus pilots made out like bandits, shocker. Since I don't ever plan on long haul international, retirement is a long way off, and I never fly more than I have to, I don't really see many improvements. I am curious about all those grids and blended duties etc... Possibly a good solution to circadium rythym ruining.

Sluggo, that's the way I read it too. Guys using their deadhead banks to get to reserve duty or recurrent will get boned a little.

For those voting "no"....let me ask you who is going to negotiate the contract you want instead of this one. Since the MEC and Negotiating committee completly endorsed this, then voting no is a no confidence vote...which means that the Negotiating Commmittee does not speak for you. Then it is back to square one. You going to go negotiate your own? Honestly...this is pretty much it. Take it or leave it. Unless you are willing to go on from here without an amendable contract, you better not vote no.

Being pissed because your retro pay isn't as "high as it should be" is immature and short sighted. Better than going without an ammended contract, or are you going to do singlehandedly what the negotiating committee couldn't do in 2.5 years... you're all piss and vinegar. Besides, show me a guy who bitches about the retro pay calculation, and I'll show you a guy who was whoring at the trough on drf and vlt so as to boost his hours he figured would be used to calculate his retro pay.

Purpledog said:
There are some goods. However, a 1% increase in B fund? YGTBSM! The 55 y.o. plus pilots made out like bandits, shocker. Since I don't ever plan on long haul international, retirement is a long way off, and I never fly more than I have to, I don't really see many improvements. I am curious about all those grids and blended duties etc... Possibly a good solution to circadium rythym ruining.

So you are NEVER going to retire? I bet it sneaks up on you faster than you expect.

Sluggo_63 said:
Not blasting, but the way I read it, it's only taxable if you're deviating to/from your base (i.e. Memphis). Not your deadhead bank.

A pilot shall designate on his online expense report any claim for deviation travel expenses incurred while commuting to or from his base. The amount of such claim that is allowed/reimbursed shall be included in the pilot's income as taxable compensation and all applicable taxes will be withheld.

So, looking at it as a commuter, I'm usually never deviating to/from Memphis (my base). Only to/from my home.

That's my $.02. Does that make me the crew-bus expert? I hope not...

Sluggo, I prefer to think of you more as the "Crew Room Prophet". Or "The Creepy Guy In The Crashpad That Sneaks Into My Room".

Summary

Guys,

A couple of the council updates on the FDX ALPA Web Page have a few bulleted summaries of some of the key points. Something to look at until the hard copy gets delivered.

A little bait and wham. You don't cast aspersions to others who who have opinions different than yours and I will not ask what number wife you are on or whatever it is that makes you so pissed off, deal? Tell me, if we do indeed vote this down, what next? Do we look at fixing major sticking points or as you say we go back to square one. Why is there a vote called for if it's all or nothing. What is so bad about taking a little longer? We've been negotiating for 2 1/2 years already. I don't think it's shortsighted to want an eqitable retro pay, either. I sure remember a lot of retro stickers on a lot of folks bags. What equation was used? Why is the wide body Capt offer to 30 k vice 17 k for a widebody FO. Capt's pay scales aren't twice as high as FO's so this doesn't make sense to me. Just a line guy wodering.

Why are captains getting 30K / FOs only 17.7K?

60% of 30K = 18K

FO's make approx. 60% of captain pay, FO signing bonus is about 60% of CA bonus

Flapjack said:
Why are captains getting 30K / FOs only 17.7K?

60% of 30K = 18K

FO's make approx. 60% of captain pay, FO signing bonus is about 60% of CA bonus

That $17700 equates to a retro hourly rate of 111.5. Not exactly what an WB FO makes. Is that enough to make someone vote no? Hopefully not alone, but don't be dazzled by the numbers, go to a road show and have the whole thing explained and then we can decide.

Peace!

Latest resources

Back