Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Full FedEx TA now available at ALPA website.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

active_herk

If you want to view it, the whole thing is now on the members only section of the ALPA website under the FDX section. Happy viewing.

Got ASAP.... priceless...

Doesn't look like a UAL2000 land grab of pay rates... keep an eye on the ball.. soft time... W-2s speak louder than pay rates....

30 mins is not enough time to educate new pilots on ALPA......

Last edited:
Am I looking at this correctly????????

No A Fund Improvement
1% increase B Fund
Increase in Med. Benefits by $60p/m
9% pay increase, but not nearly as good as ups (Yes I know UPS has one pay rate per seat)
Duty Rig does not start until 2008???????
No Vac. Improvement
No Sick time Improvement

Please correct me if I'm wrong or misreading something, (I hope I am)

They've got a lot to explain at the road shows...grids, blending, etc. Lots of potential enhancements, if you speak Newtonian calculus. Kind of confusing, but I'm just a simple caveman. Hope their power point skills are up to speed.

I'm curious, interested and hopefull...kind of like that time at bandcamp.

No improvement in vacation? YGTBSM! OUR guys didn't even want to let the company open that chapter up for discussion. We may have areas to improve--but I'll bet most would agree vacation AIN'T broke right now at FedEx.

The 3.75 rig is a defacto raise for MD11/long block trips. Would I like to have it now? Yes. Glad its coming down the road? You bet.

Retro/bonus over 2 installments? Not perfect. However...we GOT it. A year ago guys some bus chatter was "they'll never pay that..." Looks like they will.

By contrast--how does this TA compare to what company offered when it tried to bypass union? Fixes to some scheduling bone jobs here and there will be nice.

So--listen to the road show. Make your own call. My take? It ain't perfect...but its pretty much what we asked for. We can fix the other stuff in 2010.

flyhomefast said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong or misreading something, (I hope I am)

FLYHOMEFAST;
Not only are you misreading but how in the _____did you read a 390 page document and have enough time to jump on and post this thread only 1 hour after the TA was out? Speed reader I imagine!

These guys spent over two years working on this thing. Least we can do is spend time to READ and evaluate the document then listen to the folks who really understand the pros and cons during the upcoming briefings...then decide whats right for you. Just don't think we should sell it short and send it down the river so quickly, especially in this forum. Give it your due diligence! FLYHOMEFAST...dont READSOFAST!

Is FlyHomeFast a FedEx pilot? Doesn't look like it. If he doesn't like the vacation section, he doesn't work here and more than likely has never even compared our vacation section with others.

Albie has it right. We focussed on the areas that needed improvement and left the industry leading sections alone (vacation etc.).

Is it perfect?.... no. Is it worth a Yes vote?...Anyone (MEC excluded) that has already decided isn't worth arguing with.

Last edited:
O.K, O.K, O.K,
Well, our vacation system is very similar to SWAs current, better than Ups, but not as good as pre 911 united. We should be shooting for improvements, (Fedex is doing pretty well), not status quo. When times are good they should pay. How about another day of vacation? How about being able to go 30 negative on an expand and not just slide?

How did I read the whole doc. Well, I didn't, I looked at our "cornerstones"

3.75, now, later....well, how about retro involving a 3.75 duty rig? Another year to wait??? That doesn't seem right, maybe we should have signed 1.5 years ago (then we'd have it now)

2 installments, who cares about the time frame, but don't you think it should be well more than an average 10percent yearly?

Fix in 2010? This is the time, Fedex is doing well, in 2010 we might have to deal with concessions (never happen,,,,ask a united/dal/aa guy).

Look at the hourly wages compared to swa and ups! Make sure you do swa narrow to our narrow and average our narrow and wide to ups.

Abie, If you we around for the last contract, we said wait till the next one that time also

A yes vote? well ygtbsm!
Hows that?

Latest resources

Back