Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Full FedEx TA now available at ALPA website.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was in Mem last night listening to one of the MEC reps talking TA. Was very impressed at how satisfied the MEC was with the contract. Little or no decension, which surprised me.

what would you expect them to say, it sucks?

The captain I just flew with told me "how great this TA is blah blah blah..."

We can all stop talking and speculating on flightinfo. It's going to pass. So read it and get used to it.

(feel free to reference this post when the vote closes at 70 % yes / 30 % no)

And notice, NO EDIT.

Babylon said:
- Agency Shop - forces everyone to pay except for those people not allowed into ALPA for one reason or another - or face being fired - welcome Fox Hunter

Looks like Fox Hunter and the rest of the non members are going to have to man up like the rest of us......ALPA members....

Let's see if they have any integrity.....

Can you say financed payment plan....

On a different note.. do you FX guys see any soft time? IOW the ability to increase your pay by manipulating your schedule, getting paid extra for the same work, etc....

Agency Shop

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a LOA at the end of the document that appears to exempt any non-members prior to the date of signing from having to pay the contract maintenance fee. I think this provision will only apply to new hires and beyond.

It will be interesting to see how many "conscientious objectors" we have paying the contract fee. My guess is: NONE!

[It's funny how the current band of non-members claim "It's not about the money". If they were all required to pay, I would bet that most of them would want a vote for their money and just join up. Very few would pay their dues and sit on the sidelines just to make a statement against unionizing.]

FYI...Fox Hunter IS a union member now in good standing. He is paid in full.

Seems to enjoy taking the devil's advocate position a whole lot, but words like "non member" and "cheap" are no longer valid. The "S" word has also been addressed and is completely inappropriate and inaccurate.

Not trying to be George's attorney here--just pointing out you need to have your facts before your start slinging names. There are plenty of non-members out there who you can call out--its just that's not one of them.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Looks like Fox Hunter and the rest of the non members are going to have to man up like the rest of us......ALPA members....

Let's see if they have any integrity.....

Can you say financed payment plan....

On a different note.. do you FX guys see any soft time? IOW the ability to increase your pay by manipulating your schedule, getting paid extra for the same work, etc....

Sorry for the misinformed. I'm a ALPA member in good standing. Looks like all the bag stickers, slogans, "MY Union Speaks For Me" were nothing more than talk by a number of challanged individuals.:rolleyes:

sandman2122 said:
....from a former "union quitter" like yourself.......I don't think so George.

Then I sugest you turn the TA down so I can save all that dues money again!!:beer:

Latest resources

Back