• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From the DAL/NWA rumor mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for the sys wide rebid: it seems that most guys -- even NH's -- are happy where they are right now. And if they weren't, they had a good chance to change their position on the last AE bid (which saw a good deal of movt).
The only upside I see is an opportunity to round out the portfolio of type ratings to improve a resume; or at least enough cash for the G550 rating.

But hey, I'm an optimist.

Last edited:
Schwanker-
My premerger expectations are lineholder on a widebody after 1 year seniority. Doubtful any NWA guys have that. Parking the 9's will FUBAR that as well... It goes both ways.

________
I have heard from our fleet/route manager guru that they want to keep the 9's and utilize them where the maddogs are too big and shift the maddogs around...and so on.

The flexibility from the combined fleets will actually be something to be reckoned with.

Although there are numerous fleet types, the sheer volume of each of the types make them economical as stand alone fleets. NWA is the largest mega-poodle operator in the world, for example. We are the largest 767 operator in the world. I think they will be able to combine to make one heck of an operation.

The only upside I see is an opportunity to round out the portfolio of type ratings to improve a resume.

commuting to JFK is a lot of fun too. Who are we fooling, the ER isn't that good of a deal -- hence the reason newhires are going there after thousands of others have chosen NOT to take it.

:rolleyes: Maybe long term leave will be an option v/s displacement.

Well, I'll go against the grain and state that I think they will be hiring again by fall.

OK, you have a hiring with aircraft order combo... Would you like to Supersize that?

(just practicing)

Latest resources

Back