Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A call for a time out....

Heyas guys,

I know we have all played (myself included) this game on the "brain trust" here for the last few months.

The information in the media has proven to be wildly inaccurate.

With that said, maybe we should all just chill with the FUD campain for 24 or 48 hours, and let some "official" information leak out.

Then the game can be back on. We're apparently going to have to live with each other, and let's not poison the well in the heat of the moment.

If we're going to despise each other, let's at least wait for a good reason.

Nu

FWIW

Everything done.

Top 30% DOH
Next 30% 1:2
Rest 1:3

747,787 fenced Rebid the whole system in 1 year except fenced a/c. 14% DC and some form of equity.

Someone else had said the 330s and SEA, ANC bases also fenced. No Delta bases or equipment fenced.

Very loose rumor, but first one I have heard for a while, so I figured what the hey.

Might be an interesting catalyst to see what a few of us think is or isn't fair if we can keep it from disintegrating into a slugfest.

Some initial thoughts. It is interesting. If you can look into it a bit, NWA does well on the top of the list-our guys take a hit. Delta then does well probably until the 98 or 99 hires, NWA guys take a hit. Then Delta does ok through the end of the list, while NWA guys get slotted in the bottom. Maybe favors the Delta guys a bit, until you throw in the 747 and 787 protections for the NWA guys, as well as the rebid. As I said, of course assuming it's true, everybody suffers, except the top NWA guys who make out like bandits on seniority AND on the 14% DC.

As always, it needs to be true, and the devil will be in the details. Discuss. Be nice.

The other rumor someone posted is CAL/AMR announced tomorrow.

I'll be nice and say this is ridiculous if it is real. How come NWA gets the fences and DAL aircraft are up for grabs?!?!?!?!

If we're going to despise each other, let's at least wait for a good reason.

Nu

Best advice yet. As far as the original post of the list integration goes, I dont think thats how its going to look. I dont have any facts to back it up thats just my opinion after following everything the NWA MEC guys have said and presented it doesnt add up. I am along for the ride, remember folks no matter how it goes down we are all on teh same team either way. Here's to this finally coming to a head :beer:

b/c I am sure that we had to give them something..

I will echo Nu request. Some of this MAY not be true. Please wait until after the committees meet and we are given the TA in its entirety.
Lots will happen between now and then.

b/c I am sure that we had to give them something..

I will echo Nu request. Some of this MAY not be true. Please wait until after the committees meet and we are given the TA in its entirety.
Lots will happen between now and then.

I agree. Some parts may be true, mainly the fact that its about to get announced but i am waiting for the real deal before i comment to much about it. Again everyone needs to remember that ultimately we are all on the same team either way.

True.
We cannot stop it. Better to get something in return.
Plus, no matter where we sit on the list, at least we are sitting on it and not looking for jobs like many of our fellow pilots are and will be doing in the coming months.

If the above is true, does this look like a merger agreement or an acquisition agreement?

Discuss. Need to get some movement on this thread :)

Looks like DAL was acquired :confused:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back