• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From the DAL/NWA rumor mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have that right now and I have been at NWA 3 months.

No offense..but you're on the panel...we're on window seats...the equivalent of senior 757 stuff or the A330 at redtail land.

Regardless, we have minimal say in what's about to go down.

Last edited:
I ran quick #s here. If those ratios are what the SLI is gonna look like, It aint close to fair. Just ran them from my perspective. I am May'98 hire at NWA. 4100ssn. If the bottom ratio is 1:3, I would be below the last DAL Apr'08 hire. I've been here 10yrs. Major windfall for the DAL side.... Not gonna work. I am willing to give up a year or two of seniority, not all of it... This method has the last 1,250 NWA pilots stapled to the bottom.

I say, straight ratio..........

Last edited:
That is what I am seeing as well, IF I run the numbers based on this.

Lots will come out about this in the next few days. Not sure if all of it will be true or not.
If the above is the case, then I am sure that there was some consideration given to current seat position. FWIW.

The curtain will be open soon.

Jam

I ran the numbers too and came up with a different merger. Hold on for this math in public and it would be about date of hire which is bad for us.

Lets call the airline a total of 12,000 for easy math. 7,200 DAL 4,800 NW (I know its not exact but its easier.

1st 30% doh and assuming NWA has more senior pilots call them 20% of the 30%

That makes 2,400 NWA 1,200 DAL

Next 30% 1 for 2 2,400 DAL 1,200 NWA

Leaving 3,600 DAL and 1,200 NWA

Now 1 for 3

Guess what its almost date of hire that last for pilots are 3 DAL 1 NWA. Again bad for the DAL pilots as we have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Latest resources

Back