• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PuffDriver

FWIW

Everything done.

Top 30% DOH
Next 30% 1:2
Rest 1:3

747,787 fenced Rebid the whole system in 1 year except fenced a/c. 14% DC and some form of equity.

Someone else had said the 330s and SEA, ANC bases also fenced. No Delta bases or equipment fenced.

Very loose rumor, but first one I have heard for a while, so I figured what the hey.

Might be an interesting catalyst to see what a few of us think is or isn't fair if we can keep it from disintegrating into a slugfest.

Some initial thoughts. It is interesting. If you can look into it a bit, NWA does well on the top of the list-our guys take a hit. Delta then does well probably until the 98 or 99 hires, NWA guys take a hit. Then Delta does ok through the end of the list, while NWA guys get slotted in the bottom. Maybe favors the Delta guys a bit, until you throw in the 747 and 787 protections for the NWA guys, as well as the rebid. As I said, of course assuming it's true, everybody suffers, except the top NWA guys who make out like bandits on seniority AND on the 14% DC.

As always, it needs to be true, and the devil will be in the details. Discuss. Be nice.

The other rumor someone posted is CAL/AMR announced tomorrow.

I'll go on record and say CAL/AMR.. never gonna happen. Maybe CAL/UAL (unfortunately.. somewhat)
But no way the other.

FWIW

Everything done.

Top 30% DOH
Next 30% 1:2
Rest 1:3

747,787 fenced Rebid the whole system in 1 year except fenced a/c. 14% DC and some form of equity.

Someone else had said the 330s and SEA, ANC bases also fenced. No Delta bases or equipment fenced.

Very loose rumor, but first one I have heard for a while, so I figured what the hey.

Might be an interesting catalyst to see what a few of us think is or isn't fair if we can keep it from disintegrating into a slugfest.

Some initial thoughts. It is interesting. If you can look into it a bit, NWA does well on the top of the list-our guys take a hit. Delta then does well probably until the 98 or 99 hires, NWA guys take a hit. Then Delta does ok through the end of the list, while NWA guys get slotted in the bottom. Maybe favors the Delta guys a bit, until you throw in the 747 and 787 protections for the NWA guys, as well as the rebid. As I said, of course assuming it's true, everybody suffers, except the top NWA guys who make out like bandits on seniority AND on the 14% DC.

As always, it needs to be true, and the devil will be in the details. Discuss. Be nice.

The other rumor someone posted is CAL/AMR announced tomorrow.

Yeah but the key emotional issue for many (most) was how any furloughs would be delt among the two groups. If furloughs were caused by the parking of DC-9's, would 3/4 of those furloughs be junior Delta pilots? If so, what would possibly be in it to entice the bigger group (Delta) to vote for it?

Add a nice pay raise/equity payout and a 14% DC and you would probably see a lot less NWA retirements for a while, as in age 65 fashion more stuck around in the "bonus round" for significantly greater returns than today.

Also, witht he 74 paying less than the top 2 Delta aircraft, and the 78 not only not existing yet, but paying less than Delta's domestic 757, why would NWA pilots enjoy freezes yet the 777 for Delta would be up for complete rebid?

And finally, what about scope?

Why isn't the highest-paying equipment fenced off?

777 = $191/hr

747 = $179/hr

Or the second-highest?

767-400 = $181/hr

787 = $165/hr

Mr prediction: If this goes to MEMRAT it will be voted down.

Why isn't the highest-paying equipment fenced off?

777 = $191/hr

747 = $179/hr

Or the second-highest?

767-400 = $181/hr

787 = $165/hr

Mr prediction: If this goes to MEMRAT it will be voted down.

Not a problem. Word is the NWA MEC just rejected it.

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back