• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Friendly NJI/NJA discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The issue is...freedom of choice governed by seniority, not to mention salary.

I would never give up my Capt salary to fly a G. But personally I would love to do more international flying. There are a lot of places in the world I would love to see and get paid for it:)

ghostrider64 said:
I would never give up my Capt salary to fly a G. But personally I would love to do more international flying. There are a lot of places in the world I would love to see and get paid for it:)

That's what I don't get: why would an NJA captain give up salary to fly a G (presumably to match NJI starting Capt salary?), but NJA FOs who fly the G don't get a pay bump. Oh well....

Let me tell ya, in my opinion, international flying is HIGHLY over-rated. You won't get to see a lot by the time your body clock adjusts and you end up covering a bunch of NJE trips :( I always figure if I can get a comfy room and a good meal, one cathedral or castle's as good as another.

Sorry, I was just trying to get the license plate number of the bus while dusting myself off. Given the parties involved on both sides, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The leaks in the dike will start dripping on the day of signing and there won't be enough fingers to plug the holes before it becomes a torrent.

Every cancer starts with just one cell.

How many straws will it take to break the camel's back?

Whoops, got carried away with cliched allegory.

Looks like RTS will be in Hilton Head this week to give the bad news personally. That ought to be a fun meeting.

Congratulations to the SU MEC and their negotiating committee for getting a deal I frankly didn't think they would get. I'm definitely retiring that crystal ball. Again....

None of the capts who bid those positions will lose a penny.

As for the FO's my guess is a lot of our new FO's will bid it and then depart after gaining a bit of experience. (Green Pasture Syndrome) Especially since most new hires wont see Capt pay for a long time. Even in the Ultra.

I just want a couple of trips to Munchen during Oktober Fest:)

ghostrider64 said:
I just want a couple of trips to Munchen during Oktober Fest:)

Ah, gotcha. I was just there a couple weeks ago. Like I said though, by the time you get done working for NJE, you won't see a thing; we didn't :(

Looks like RTS will be in Hilton Head this week to give the bad news personally. That ought to be a fun meeting.

A friendly word of caution to you NJI people, based on past experience with NJA meetings of assurance and promises, if his lips are moving ..............

I know this is all in jest, but it's not conducive to a harmonius future. Time to knock it off!

gutshotdraw said:
Sorry, I was just trying to get the license plate number of the bus while dusting myself off. Given the parties involved on both sides, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The leaks in the dike will start dripping on the day of signing and there won't be enough fingers to plug the holes before it becomes a torrent.

Every cancer starts with just one cell.

How many straws will it take to break the camel's back?

Whoops, got carried away with cliched allegory.

Congratulations to the SU MEC and their negotiating committee for getting a deal I frankly didn't think they would get. I'm definitely retiring that crystal ball. Again....

I had started a dialog with Joe to come to NJI upon my retirement from the military. I won't be doing that now.

The concept of being first officer to an unqualified NJA captain in an aircraft in which I have thousands of hours in command is somewhat less than appealing. (1/3 of all new captains will come from the NJA seniority list) You are creating an unsafe operating model.

It is apparent that NJI will become a union organization and I have an ethical issue with unions in general and the Teamsters in specific which has a history of involvement in organized crime.

Looks like after Joe and Bill got in trouble, they couldn't look out for you guys. Too bad.

Latest resources

Back