Friendly NJI/NJA discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SeaSpray said:
The concept of being first officer to an unqualified NJA captain in an aircraft in which I have thousands of hours in command......
Wow! That's not air I hear coming out of that overinflated ego is it?!!

We operate a perfectly safe operaing model here at Netjets in all of our operations. For you to use a politically motivated, slanderous scare mongering assault against your employer disqualifies you from even being considered a professional.

That was easily the most unprofessional posting I've ever seen in my life!!!

You Sir, are an idiot!

Last edited:
SeaSpray said:
I had started a dialog with Joe to come to NJI upon my retirement from the military. I won't be doing that now.

The concept of being first officer to an unqualified NJA captain in an aircraft in which I have thousands of hours in command is somewhat less than appealing. (1/3 of all new captains will come from the NJA seniority list) You are creating an unsafe operating model.

It is apparent that NJI will become a union organization and I have an ethical issue with unions in general and the Teamsters in specific which has a history of involvement in organized crime.

Looks like after Joe and Bill got in trouble, they couldn't look out for you guys. Too bad.

Oh I guess flying the X all over the world does not count huh?

Call your buds and go to FEDEX!

SeaSpray said:
I had started a dialog with Joe to come to NJI upon my retirement from the military. I won't be doing that now.

The concept of being first officer to an unqualified NJA captain in an aircraft in which I have thousands of hours in command is somewhat less than appealing. (1/3 of all new captains will come from the NJA seniority list) You are creating an unsafe operating model.

It is apparent that NJI will become a union organization and I have an ethical issue with unions in general and the Teamsters in specific which has a history of involvement in organized crime.

Looks like after Joe and Bill got in trouble, they couldn't look out for you guys. Too bad.

SeaSpray, you post some over the top posts, but this is just warped thinking.

First off, it's typical O-6 arrogance that you are displaying here. When you get into the Civ sector, you will start on the bottom, unless NJI is hiring Cpts off the street. No one is going to cater to you anymore commander. Preflight, get the numbers and pull the gear up.

Second, that NJI/NJA guy your sitting beside has seen a jet before. He passed the same type ride you did. More than likely he came from an airline and probably has more experience than you do.

With your attitude, the only unsafe model is you.

SeaSpray said:

I know a few NJA pilots who have thousands of hours in A320s, 737s and 757s (furloughees) - I guess you would consider them inexperienced and incapable... Experience flying Citation Xs and Falcon 2000s wouldn't qualify for you? I bet Chuck Yeager wouldn't even command your respect because he doesn't have Gulfstream time. You sir are a jacka$$....

SeaSpray if you are wondering what that taste is it is probaly last nights dinner. So get your head out of your A#% and grow up.

Hawkered said:
Wow! That's not air I hear coming out of that overinflated ego is it?!!

No, it's common sense.

Hawkered said:
We operate a perfectly safe operaing model here at Netjets in all of our operations.

Right, experience in type is only a safety factor in all aspects of aviation except at NJA.

Hawkered said:
For you to use a politically motivated, slanderous scare mongering assault against your employer disqualifies you from even being considered a professional. That was easily the most unprofessional posting I've ever seen in my life!!!

Apparently, reading comprehension is not a requirement to be a union shill. My employer is the Government of the United States.

I will soon be retiring because I am in what is probably my last pure cockpit assignment in the military and I want to keep flying. I have job offers from NJI and others. I was looking forward to joining a group of Gulfstream professionals at NJI. It is apparent that you are planning to dilute the experience base there and change the corporate culture from one I admire to a typical union shop.

Who would go to a union shop with all it's inherent problems when you have other options? If the TA is signed I will be going to a Fortune 500 company that operates Gulfstreams in the New York area - more pay, but I lose the NJI option of chosing where I live.

Hawkered said:
You Sir, are an idiot!

And you were calling me unprofessional...

SS

Last edited:
SeaSpray:

If the TA is signed I will be going to a Fortune 500 company in the New York area - more pay, but I lose the NJI option of chosing where I live.

I hear the Hamptons are nice this time of year.

I'm sure the Fortune 500 company in New York will be glad to have you, and if its a Falcon 900 they operate, I'm sure you will be happy to spend the rest of your career in the right seat while you acquire, "time in type", because by your own admission, your time in a Gulfstream doesn't count.

I have dealt with guys like you as an instructor for a major airline, "five stripers" we used to call 'em. They all came unglued in the end.

Enjoy laying in your own quagmire!

If the TA is signed I will be going to a Fortune 500 company in the New York area - more pay, but I lose the NJI option of chosing where I live.

[/quote]

Good please go! I dont want your ego or dumb " well in the military" stories when I am your capt.

Last edited:
Thank God he's not actually one of ours. Can you imagine having to tour with a guy like that?!

Latest resources

Back