• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Friendly NJI/NJA discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess JetBlue really created a safety hazzard when they hired a bunch of ex military guys with no A320 experience in their first batch of classes.

I got hired into the left seat of the G550 with NO prior Gulfstream experience. I made quite a few mistakes my first year--none of which involved flying the plane. They do things differently and I had a steep learning curve but I did adapt quickly.

They still haven't broken my habit of not keeping the A/T's on all the way to the runway (they never will!). :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree with your point about NJA Captains, SeaSpray. TC

AA717driver said:
I guess JetBlue really created a safety hazzard when they hired a bunch of ex military guys with no A320 experience in their first batch of classes.

I got hired into the left seat of the G550 with NO prior Gulfstream experience. I made quite a few mistakes my first year--none of which involved flying the plane. They do things differently and I had a steep learning curve but I did adapt quickly.

They still haven't broken my habit of not keeping the A/T's on all the way to the runway (they never will!). :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree with your point about NJA Captains, SeaSpray. TC

You'll be taken away to a dark room in SAV and killed. Are you telling me that not all Gulfstream pilots were born with 2000 hours in type ??? Now that would be useful information.

Ah, the silence has finally been broken. You will surely have to turn in your type rating...:laugh:

Last edited:
h25b--No, I'll be taken away because of my belief that the Gulfstream is just another airplane. Sure, it's better than having your head bent over in a Lear (nothing personal) or just plain 'bent over' at the airlines but...

Like 'fido said--If they'd pay me $200k a year to fly a C90, I'd jump in a heartbeat.TC

Mach92 said:
Oh I guess flying the X all over the world does not count huh?

Call your buds and go to FEDEX!

So I guess that is why NJA hired off the street BBJ pilots? Give me a break, if you are saying that an NJA pilot is qualified to fly as a Capt. in a G without any experience in how NJI operates, then why did you guys hire BBJ pilots off the street in the beginning? where none of your highly qualified Boeing and Airbus pilots qualified enough to fly a BBJ right off the bat?

Jeez its not rocket science. It will probably work the same way it does now at NJA when any captain moves to a new airplane. They fly for awhile as an "unreleased captain" (FO for practical purposes) to gain experience. This lasts anywhere from 3 to 9 months and then they are good to go.

Which pretty much explains the BBJ street captains who were there to bridge that experience gap during the ramp up.

Last edited:
AA717driver said:
Sure, it's better than having your head bent over in a Lear (nothing personal) or just plain 'bent over' at the airlines but...

Exactly... I've got a great medical plan that covers BOTH chiropractic AND proctology services ... :eek:

SeaSpray said:
I had started a dialog with Joe to come to NJI upon my retirement from the military. I won't be doing that now.

The concept of being first officer to an unqualified NJA captain in an aircraft in which I have thousands of hours in command is somewhat less than appealing. (1/3 of all new captains will come from the NJA seniority list) You are creating an unsafe operating model.

Seaspray, your head is so far up your azz, you cant see straight. I have flown with all types at NJA. Including a thud driver that was shot down and spent over 7 1/2 years at the Hanoi Hilton, a SR 71 pilot, who, if he likes you will tell you many things that arent written in the history books. Many airline pilots that have flown 747s when they were a new plane. Men that MADE history and have movies about their lives. Men who have enough character to just laugh at your condisending attitude.

Good luck in your job search you arrogant prick, and everytime you see a gold tie walk off a G whiz, you are free to take it as a personal attack.

Latest resources

Back