Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sorry for you pdub, but mesa is the bottom feeder bringing the industry down. delta got what it asked for, cheap labor, and they have paid for it with terrible results.

the mesa pilots are reeping what they sow, chasing quick upgrades and 90 seat aircraft flown for 50 seat rates and no work rules only helped leverage managements against their work forces.

jo is so slick mesa will probably survive, but all pilots should be hoping this is the begining of the end for them. delta should have done this long ago, hopefully the 900s are next.

Yeah - both Comair and Chautauqua Florida-based crews paid for Delta's desire for a cheapy poor-performance regional airline. Both of those airlines lost their crew bases in Orlando, displacing 100s of people, disrupting families, schools, etc..

Are you aware of how Mesa came to fly for Delta? We were flying for US Air. When the merger with America West went through the non wholly owned's were given a chance to either invest in the new air line, AKA pay to play or find new digs. JO decided to find new digs, so Air whisky got all our US AIR flying. They invested a huge amount of money. I don't go up to Air Whisky guys and blame them for my situation. They lost there contract with United and landed at US AIR. Not those pilots fault.
So JO went to Delta. I had a home and life in Charlotte. I have had four bases since that time in addition have been put on the Freedom certificate and have had to suffer through the ignorance of pilots who don't understand that none of us are Freedom A.

Our Union here at Mesa is very weak. They let the company do about anything it wants to us and so we suffer. I feel terrible for the Aloha guys and gals. I've said this from the beginning when JO sent us there, that our Walmart was going to put a good company out of business. It looks as though it has happened.

We've had 787 pilots quit last year. I have personally talked several fo's in to leaving for there family's benefit.

The best thing to do would be to have your union leaders contact ours and show them what Ball$ look like and where they can be found. Though our guys will be busy flying. Every time I turn around we've got a new MEC.

Next best thing to do would be to quite rewarding our chief pilots with good jobs. These guys are the Indian scouts who showed the cavalry where to find the Indians. Our management pilots should replace Benedict Arnold in the lexicon of traitor.

To address your charge, blaming Mesa for you loosing your house is as stupid as me blaming Air Whisky for me loosing Charlotte and US Air. Different situation but blameless pilot group. These decisions are made by the bean counters. Not pilots.

This is not to say there aren't legit complaints about Mesa. We have essentially no work rules. No rigs, No duty day, No line guarantee. And if that weren't enough we get paid less hourly too. We can be JR manned at any time, line holder or not. Our reserves get 8 days off, ALL reserves 8 days off (28 day bid). And on almost all days on reserve you will be sitting at the airport on ready reserve. You should see our crew room in JFK (tiny). In addition almost all lines are constructed with 1-2 days off at a time with one three. This is the same for line holders. This against our contract, our union says nothing. Well thats not entirely true. The Union does say "ask not what your union can do for you, ask what you can do for your union". Not kidding either. I would have to say they picked a pretty accurate slogan.

So if you want to attack us for those things than that would be fair. I will not rehash the Freedom A debacle. But when we role over on stuff that we have in our contract it's just indefensible BS! We need REAL leadership from our union. Just as a community needs REAL leadership from there elected officials. Because I don't like how the war in Iraq is going doesn't mean I have to run for president. But this is what our union will say. I pay for representation. Now REPRESENT me!!!!!

As far as the loosing the Delta flying is concerned. Its not all that suprising with the operation our SOC runs. Wether we are in breach of contract is hard to say. Our management told us we were going to win the Hawaiian law suit as well. And we didn't. The fact that so many people on here are happy about a pilot group loosing there jobs is really a poor reflection on us as a group. Sorry about being long winded.

Well Put. A lot of these posters on here just sit back and talk trash behind a keeyboard. And know not what they say. But when it comes to them riding in our jump-seat, all you hear is "Hey captain do you mind if I can hitch a ride home?" Come talking this trash at my flightdeck door and see how far you will get.But I would respect you for having the guts to stick by your guns and expressing your own opinion. But once again, If anybody has a problem with the MAG pilot group. You can Meet me tomorrow at Gate 25 in the Delta terminal and we can discuss.

Pdub20s,

Are you an original Freedumber? If so, I got your name on my list of jumpseat denials.

As for riding on freedom...I did it once. MEM to PHX, and it was like going down on a hooker. I showered when I got to my destination of PHX, but just couldn't get that skanky taste out of my mouth. I should of just waited the extra 2 hours to ride on mainline NWA.

Ya so then we can fight about it right? Are you are truck driver or a professional pilot?

No we can discuss what your gripes or misunderstandings maybe. When I say we can "discuss" its more aimed at the folks who sit behind a keyboard all day and quote what other people have told them instead of researching the facts. People are grossly misinformed about our Pilot Group as a whole.

Last edited:
Well Put. A lot of these posters on here just sit back and talk trash behind a keeyboard. And know not what they say. But when it comes to them riding in our jump-seat, all you hear is "Hey captain do you mind if I can hitch a ride home?" Come talking this trash at my flightdeck door and see how far you will get.But I would respect you for having the guts to stick by your guns and expressing your own opinion. But once again, If anybody has a problem with the MAG pilot group. You can Meet me tomorrow at Gate 25 in the Delta terminal and we can discuss.

geez, what are you going to do, give them a stern look?

Pdub20s,

Are you an original Freedumber? If so, I got your name on my list of jumpseat denials.

As for riding on freedom...I did it once. MEM to PHX, and it was like going down on a hooker. I showered when I got to my destination of PHX, but just couldn't get that skanky taste out of my mouth. I should of just waited the extra 2 hours to ride on mainline NWA.

No , once again..THERE ARE NO FREEDOM A LISTERS ON PROPERTY

No we can discuss what your gripes or misunderstandings maybe. When I say we can "discuss" its more aimed at the folks who sit behind a keyboard all day and quote what other people have told them instead of researching the facts. People are grossly misinformed about our Pilot Group as a whole.

Your original pilot group did exactly what Go jets is doing now. I don't hold you responsible if you came on afterward, but you have to live with the legacy of your nasty airline.

And by all means if you try and defend it.....it is like a german defending what Hitler did.

I have been in this business for 15 years and still a newbie compared to some other old timers. If you are in right seat at Mesa I would put you right around 1-2 years if that. So, my friend......defend Freedom Airlines to me.

No , once again..THERE ARE NO FREEDOM A LISTERS ON PROPERTY

come on now....I have a list of 76 people and it is only 4-5 years old. You are telling me not one of those vile persons are still there.

Latest resources

Back