Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No , once again..THERE ARE NO FREEDOM A LISTERS ON PROPERTY
I don't know about you, but I've flown, trained with, and met several myself. There are some still at YV & F8. I know of some on the 145 and the 900. The surprising thing is that most of the ones I have encountered, you would have never guessed they were part of the operation when it started.

Over the years mesa has held regional wages down, and put more workers out of work than you realize. I was with ACA and I was based in ORD, then IAD. When UAL went bankrupt, Bain Capital (UAL bk consultants) pointed to ACA / AWAC / SKYW, and laid out the new contract rates. They went through the books line by line. Pilot wages...too expensive. Hotels....too expensive. Paper for the copier...too expensive. (i'm not kidding)

We had to meet Mesa prices or be shown the door. ACA had guts and exited UAL with dignity. I eventualy lost my job, and it's funny; I don't remember any Mesa pilots feeling sympthathy for the 1700 ACA pilots that lost their jobs.....because of Mesa.

If Mesa didn't undercut everyone so bad, ACA and AWAC would still be UAL carriers. So sorry, I won't be shedding any tears.

I think in time you'll find out that most other regionals are far better. They even provide single occupancy accomadations on stand ups!

CAN I GET AN AMEN!

"When UAL went bankrupt..."

Over the years mesa has held regional wages down, and put more workers out of work than you realize. I was with ACA and I was based in ORD, then IAD. When UAL went bankrupt, Bain Capital (UAL bk consultants) pointed to ACA / AWAC / SKYW, and laid out the new contract rates. They went through the books line by line. Pilot wages...too expensive. Hotels....too expensive. Paper for the copier...too expensive. (i'm not kidding)

We had to meet Mesa prices or be shown the door. ACA had guts and exited UAL with dignity. I eventualy lost my job

You said it yourself, "When UAL went bankrupt". They cancelled and renegotiated ALL contracts in ALL areas of their business. UAL even screwed over their own employees. Delta did and USAir did the same thing with all of their contracts. Don't you think that (BANKRUPTCY) might have had a little something to do with it? Your logic is riddled with holes.

As far as exiting with dignity goes...how dignified was it when ACA management made a foolish decision to go it alone with RJ's. I guess that was the Mesa pilot group's fault also, right?

We had to meet Mesa prices or be shown the door. ACA had guts and exited UAL with dignity. I eventualy lost my job, and it's funny; I don't remember any Mesa pilots feeling sympthathy for the 1700 ACA pilots that lost their jobs.....because of Mesa.

Clearly, you don't know many (if any) Mesa pilots then. ACA going down in flames was a shame. NO pilot at Mesa wanted to merge with you (via Mesa's failed takeover attempt), and no one I knew reveled in ACA's quick demise.

"Exited with dignity?" Clearly, ACA pilots must have had a great deal of control over major business decisions then.

In hindsight, trying to run an airline A.K.A. "Independence" using mainly 50-seat RJ's seems pretty foolish. How much cash did ACA burn through in less than a year? Good god man!

I feel incredibly badly for the Aloha pilots, because they got f'd by Mesa, pure and simple. The ACA story is much, much more complicated. The seeds of ACA's demise are more rooted in a ill-thought-out business plan than a regional that charged United 2% less for it's lift services.

Don't you think that had more to do with Delta having a little payback from that strike back in 2001 (or was it 2000? - I forget)? Delta feels like they learned a lesson - they put all their eggs in one basket in ComAir at CVG and got burned.

You are REALLY reaching if you are blaming Delta and ComAir's financial issues on the Mesa pilot group. Nice try though.

Payback? So the Comair pilot group deserved "payback" for going on strike in an attempt to raise the bar for regional airline pay and work rules? Well, then I guess the Mesa pilot group deserved a reward for rolling over and accepting pay and workrules that are among the worst in the industry. Come on guys, even Colgan gets block or better. The fact remains that while I found myself on the street, Mesa took flying over from my previous employer. As another poster stated, the same thing happend to ACA and AWAC. Now its been done to Aloha. 1900 jobs lost just so you could fly a handful of RJs in Hawaii.
I wonder how many Mesa pilots were working at Aloha. Oh the irony, sell out for a quick upgrade so you can move on to a Major just to be put out of a job by a your old regional. Could almost drive a man to drink!

I don't know about you, but I've flown, trained with, and met several myself. There are some still at YV & F8. I know of some on the 145 and the 900. The surprising thing is that most of the ones I have encountered, you would have never guessed they were part of the operation when it started.

Yeah I had the pleasure of flying with a few FAGs myself, and it wasn't that long ago...I'm almost certain there are still some there.

The A-listers invariably had an excuse for doing it...

Excuses are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back