Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And im surprised other MESA pilots on this board dont stick up for the group.

Now is not the time.

The Aloha pilots are pretty pissed and hurt right now, and they're looking for a scapegoat. Go! is an easy target, and certainly was the final nail in their coffin. Go! was unquestionably a proximate cause for their demise. And while extrapolating the blame onto 1500+ other Mesa pilots is unfair, I don't think now is the time for a reasoned debate.

The wounds are WAY too fresh.

Last edited:
Now is not the time.

The Aloha pilots are pretty pissed and hurt right now, and they're looking for a scapegoat. Go! is an easy target, and certainly was the final nail in their coffin. Go! was unquestionably a proximate cause for their demise. And while extrapolating the blame onto 1500+ other Mesa pilots is unfair, I don't think now is the time for a reasoned debate.

The wounds are WAY too fresh.

I think Aloha will have the last laugh after OCT '08 when they win their $150 million dollar lawsuit. It will be appealed, but I'm sure the judge will force MAG to post a bond for it.

Trojan

I think Aloha will have the last laugh after OCT '08 when they win their $150 million dollar lawsuit. It will be appealed, but I'm sure the judge will force MAG to post a bond for it.

Trojan

Maybe. Possibly. Even Likely?

Aloha will have been out of business for years by the time any of that gets settled. And MAG will go out of business if after years of appeals they lose that judgment.

So 2 pilot groups will be gone. Lawyers will get rich, CEO's will make bank then retire, and the pilots will get nothing.

2500+ pilots dispersed into the workforce will carry grudges against pilots they've never met for the rest of their careers.

I'm not really sure who's "getting the last laugh" in this scenario.

Maybe. Possibly. Even Likely?

Aloha will have been out of business for years by the time any of that gets settled. And MAG will go out of business if after years of appeals they lose that judgment.

So 2 pilot groups will be gone. Lawyers will get rich, CEO's will make bank then retire, and the pilots will get nothing.

2500+ pilots dispersed into the workforce will carry grudges against pilots they've never met for the rest of their careers.

I'm not really sure who's "getting the last laugh" in this scenario.

Aloha is still operating a cargo operation. They are very much still in business. Their passenger side went down. If they can find some money they can restart their operation. They lost their passenger side service because of predatory practices already proved by Hawaiian. Proving it with Aloha will be much easier. MAG is going to lose this one, they've already lost their first, and Aloha has more evidence and now had to shut down their passenger service.

Trojan

Aloha is still operating a cargo operation. They are very much still in business. Their passenger side went down. If they can find some money they can restart their operation. They lost their passenger side service because of predatory practices already proved by Hawaiian. Proving it with Aloha will be much easier. MAG is going to lose this one, they've already lost their first, and Aloha has more evidence and now had to shut down their passenger service.
Trojan

IF:
  • Aloha wins their suit 6 months from now
  • Aloha wins $150 million
  • Mesa appeals for a couple of years
  • Mesa loses appeals, and is forced to pay
  • Mesa actually is still around, and actually has $150 million (both HUGE ifs)
  • Upon receipt of payment, years from now, the moneybags at Aloha even want to start up passenger operations again given the numerous better investment opportunities out there.
(That's a lot of "ifs")

Then I suppose Aloha pilots "win". In the meantime, most if not all will have moved on to other jobs.

I'm not really opposed to any of the above "ifs" coming around. But if this is "victory", surely it is a Pyhrric* one, at best.

(*"Pyrrhic victory" is a victory with devastating cost to the victor.)

Last edited:
To address your charge, blaming Mesa for you loosing your house is as stupid as me blaming Air Whisky for me loosing Charlotte and US Air. Different situation but blameless pilot group. These decisions are made by the bean counters. Not pilots.

You are joking right? How can you compare getting displaced to from your domicile to me losing my job?

This is not a sterile world, if one chooses to work for a crooked/shoddy employer, he/she is an enabler.
http://www.answers.com/topic/enable
And is responsible for the results. Messa guys you reap what yea sow.
PBR

This is factually inaccurate...

Well there is one... he is not a line pilot. They all jumped ship.

Actually, there are several Freedumb A listers still flying and serving various management, instruction positions at MAG. I just saw one the other day in the crew room in PHX.

Latest resources

Back