• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For AMR, a Pilot-Salary Fight Looms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The thieves that pass themselves off as managers have only one goal . . . to get as much loot as they can as quickly as they can. None are interested in actually running an airline profitably. As long as you remember this, you'll understand what's happening.

In five years when Skybus and Virgin America are growing at 20% annually, we will all be taking another round of pay cuts. I don't mean just AA folks - I mean everyone who frequents this board. The bar is going to be lowered once again.

Obviously, I wouldn't approach contract negotiations with this attitude. We'll put on a good show about returning to the glory days. But, the whole process will probably be an exercise in futility.

Actually, a year 8/9 777 FO at AA makes 129 an hour. Which is 1 dollar more than the year 1/2 FedEX fo making 128 a hour.

A raise for AA pilots is due.

Except there are ZERO 8/9 year 777 FO's at AA, and lots of 1/2 year MD-11 FO's at FedEx. Stagnation is the devil!

(There are year 1-2 BUS Fo's at FedEX making 128 an hour as well...)

So the 8/9 year guys at AA aren't year 8/9 777 FOs, but rather year 5/6 year 73-8 captains making 154 hour?

I guess that's OK then.

I happen to love AA...hope you guys get what you deserve! It sucks that VA (if they even get approved) and Skybus are lowering the pay bar to unrealistic levels. It is amazing how the management is run at AA...but despite it all...they are one of the most under rated airlines out there. I have had the least trouble flying them, great pilot group when I used to jumpseat, and their flights seem to in time more than anyone. For their size, I am impressed. But, this is just my experience.

So the 8/9 year guys at AA aren't year 8/9 777 FOs, but rather year 5/6 year 73-8 captains making 154 hour?

I guess that's OK then.

You're kidding, right? The '92 hires at AA have yet to upgrade. And, anyone making $115/hr. as an FO is at the 12 year payscale on the 757.

APA's trying to get a raise by comparing the contract to FedEx and AMR's trying to beat them down by comparing them with NWA and Delta. TC

Latest resources

Back