• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For AMR, a Pilot-Salary Fight Looms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm furloughed and in the middle of another career right now anyway. I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut. I can understand why everyone is upset about the management bonuses. Hopefully, my AA job will be worth going back to some day.

Sorry Pipe, the actual number is 53% stapled, 47% integrated. Don't know where you dragged 84% out of....

Fine. Feathered furlough if you prefer. Either way it sucked and was inconscionable. I am done with this. You guys will never identify with it or understand it. Karma will take care of it eventually.

PIPE

Fine. Feathered furlough if you prefer. Either way it sucked and was inconscionable. I am done with this. You guys will never identify with it or understand it. Karma will take care of it eventually.

PIPE

Pipe,

You couldn't be more mistaken regarding my understanding of it. I do, and I have constantly reminded you guys that (most) of you got the short end of the stick, no doubt. I was simply correcting the number for clarification.

Airline merger history is rife with pilots who've gotten screwed. They range from a pure DOH scenario (NWA-Rep, TWA/OZ, etc) to a pure staple (SWA-Morris, TXI-People, Piedmont-Empire, etc) to a half and half (AA-TWA, Pan AM - DAL). In almost any merger, there are ticked off pilots. In our case, the massive furlough after 9/11 pretty much screwed over almost 75% of TWA pilots. Had we not had a furlough, TWA pilots would have been singing the praises of this merger, since all would have remained employed and a good many would have kept their CA's seats at much higher pay. Unfortunately not the case.

Regarding karma, think what you'd like. I didn't concoct this deal or its resulting integration. Nobody asked my opinion. And yet you hope that somehow in the future, I get screwed over by bad karma coming my way - despite not having a voice in what happened - just because you got the short end of the deal. If that makes you feel better, have at it.

Anyways, glad you found work at CAL, and hope you have a great career there.

r/ 73

AA73,

Are you haering the hiring will be gearing up to 60+/mo. this fall?

Not officially, but they keep hiring new check airmen so I would venture to say that it will definiteley go to 40/month after May and maybe higher.

Go Get 'Em!

For whatever itsth worth...Leon hopesth the good folksth in the AA pilot union kick sthome stherious boo-tah-tah in the upcoming fight! I stheriousthly think your sthtuff isth going to sthet the industhtry sthtandards...may the forcthe be with you boysth, we're all counting on you!!

Latest resources

Back