For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly right. I agree.. always have.

However, the interpretation you use to detirmine that final authority can't be derived from a message board. Those standards are derived from only the manufacturer.
You REALLY aren't too bright are you? The standards are NOT derived from the manufacturer. They are derived from the FAA (that's the "Federal Aviation Administration" in case you didn't know:erm:).

Here's the reference, AGAIN:

Sec. 91.3

Responsibility and authority of the pilot in command.

(a) The pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to, the operation of that aircraft.

AGAIN, B19, this hasn't changed since 1963. If you don't understand it, you have no place in the cockpit, in management, in the 91k rule making process, or riding in the back of an airliner as a passenger. As a matter of fact, if you can't understand this, I would prefer it if you wouldn't even look at any airplanes. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions on the matter. It is pretty easy, black and white, no room for interpretation.

Take Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps.

P.S. "detirmine" is spelled "determine".

Last edited:
Everyone needs to stop replying to B19 aka Bob T..He has been outted..By his little screw up last week of not posting while he was on vacation. Dont waste your time with that Moron. He just wastes the threads on this board. Lets keep the posts here important.

You ain't my pal, we don't need to know who you specifically are to know what you represent. I will continue to "apply my own standards" of this list and anything else that I see relevantto ensure the safe operation of the aircraft entrusted to me. You can tell your superiors the longer they keep dragging this process out the longer the "stagnation" will continue while a union shop takes more of our customers. And yes Bob Tyler has no business gallavanting around in a corporate jet if times are so tough and while 216 of us are figuring out how to make our next house payment.

You REALLY aren't too bright are you? The standards are NOT derived from the manufacturer. They are derived from the FAA (that's the "Federal Aviation Administration" in case you didn't know:erm:).

Here's the reference, AGAIN:

Sec. 91.3

Responsibility and authority of the pilot in command.

(a) The pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to, the operation of that aircraft.

AGAIN, B19, this hasn't changed since 1963. If you don't understand it, you have no place in the cockpit, in management, in the 91k rule making process, or riding in the back of an airliner as a passenger. As a matter of fact, if you can't understand this, I would prefer it if you wouldn't even look at any airplanes. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions on the matter. It is pretty easy, black and white, no room for interpretation.

Take Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps.

P.S. "detirmine" is spelled "determine".

The spelling nazi strikes again.... he can tell you how to spell a word but hasn't a clue as to who designs and approves an aircraft system.

The manufacturer designs the product, writes the policies and procedures on how a system is to be used and the FAA approves/certifies that the product will perform as designed. Thankfully for all of us, the FAA doesn't design the product or specify how it will be used.

You really aren't very good at this, are you?

And as I've stated.. the pilot has the final authority. But if you are applying incorrect standards, you are unsafe and deserve to be sanctioned by the courts before an accident happens or worse.

You ain't my pal, we don't need to know who you specifically are to know what you represent. I will continue to "apply my own standards" of this list and anything else that I see relevantto ensure the safe operation of the aircraft entrusted to me. You can tell your superiors the longer they keep dragging this process out the longer the "stagnation" will continue while a union shop takes more of our customers. And yes Bob Tyler has no business gallavanting around in a corporate jet if times are so tough and while 216 of us are figuring out how to make our next house payment.

It never ceases to amaze me how a pilot or any other corporate employee that hasn't the ability to get to a level where they can run a multimillion dollar company themselves can complain about a corporate perk that may or may not include the use of a corporate jet.

Did he go anyplace in that jet you couldn't have gone for free by using the skymiles you've earned flying commercially on the company's dime?

How about the points you get from the hotel reward programs you have. Did he stay in any hotels that you couldn't have stayed in with the amount of points you earned that the company paid for?

I've said before, if you are flying for a living, odds are you've never been in a COO or CEO position in a company that produces muli-million dollar revenue and accepted the reponsibility that goes along with it. Perhaps you haven't the education or experience.

Until you do, you haven't a right to complain about it. You are just part of the union mob wishing you could be where he is.

deleted

never mind.

B19, get yourself checked for a brain tumor.

Last edited:
The spelling nazi strikes again.... he can tell you how to spell a word but hasn't a clue as to who designs and approves an aircraft system. I fully realize who designs what. Who sets parameters, and who has the FINAL AUTHORITY AS TO THE OPERATION of the aircraft.

The manufacturer designs the product, writes the policies and procedures on how a system is to be used and the FAA approves/certifies that the product will perform as designed. Thankfully for all of us, the FAA doesn't design the product or specify how it will be used.

You really aren't very good at this, are you? Look in the mirror. I'm better than you.

And as I've stated.. the pilot has the final authority. But if you are applying incorrect standards, you are unsafe and deserve to be sanctioned by the courts before an accident happens or worse.

Bring the courts on. I'd welcome that battle, and when I win the case, I'll ram it down your throat everyday.

Look in the mirror. I'm better than you.
fischman, you can think you are better than me if you want.. that's fine.

However, every time you operate in either 91k or 135 you fly under words that I personally drafted.

There is NOTHING that I do in this industry now or in the future that will EVER be based on policy you set, but you can rest assured that policy I set will help to keep cowboys like you safe.

So, while you want to think you are better than me, you are free to do so. It's a free country and this country needs dreamers like you.

But …. my efforts always impact you when you fly and make it safer for you.

I'm free from your union and tyranny.

You shoulda been there fischman.. it was a heluva ride.

Latest resources

Back