For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any college intern can trend....

Sonny boy??? I must have irritated you....good.

Where did you read that I would write up an aircraft that was not broke? What I said is that the crew is allowed to inspect the aircraft regardless if the item is on the checklist or not. The company has it stuck in their head, that there are all these illegal checklists everywhere, I have never carried one or saw another pilot with one. See, all that info is our heads. However, if I did carry one, I would show it to anyone who asked.

As far as the court cases, I don't care, I am a pilot not an attorney. Every item I have written up has been broke and a good write-up. Furthermore, I will pre-flight my aircraft exactly the same regardless of union and company relations. I am a professional and I pride my self on being a safe pilot. You are the type that would fly the broken airplane and end up killing yourself. This isn't about union and management issues, this is about safety.

Your response just cemented that you really have no idea what you are talking about!

The only thing that irritates me is your level of complete ignorance of what can happen on the famous game of "chicken" that union members play to slow down a company.

Let me restate myself in a method you may or may not understand. You go ahead and write anything up to your heart's content that you perceive to be unservicable or unairworthy.

Use any checklist you want, including those that you find on the web that are detailed to the point where items that are outside of the ordinary are detailed.

But, don't go whining when you discover that the company has been trending unusual write-ups from PICs that are out of the ordinary. These write-ups become outliers and stick out like a sore thumb. The more outliers you write up, the easier it is to trend and match up with what is lifted off the few public message boards that are out there.

There are a couple of unions and a number of pilots that have been personally sanctioned and fired over the years because they decided that what they chose to write up was fine by all the flight crews ahead of them but always seemed to be a problem when they took the airplane.

You can't hide from the trending or stats. If you are the only one writing up certain items and it happens on every aircraft you happen to fly, you are either calling the flight crew ahead of you stupid or you are the stupid one to think nobody can trend it or notice.

Once again, I encourage you to post those lists and complete your preflights in any manner you choose. If you want to think you can't get pulled aside, maybe you need to once again go through the history on these to see how hard the courts have come down on those individuals who have taken their perception to a level their co-workers haven't.

Oh, and one last note. I know exactly what I'm talking about. You are the one that thinks you are getting away with something based on your false security blanket that the PIC has the final word on a write up. You aren't, you just another union fool willing to be led down a primrose path.

I didn't bother looking at it but this is the best you can do? I laid the facts out and you have no response?

Didn't think so.. the truth hurts, doesn't it? :D

I didn't think you would look at the videos. You show how closeminded you are, and therefore your ignorance. The three videos expose exactly what you are doing here on these threads. You are a management bootlicker.:puke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So_Fv4a9EPo

The only thing that irritates me is your level of complete ignorance of what can happen on the famous game of "chicken" that union members play to slow down a company.

Let me restate myself in a method you may or may not understand. You go ahead and write anything up to your heart's content that you perceive to be unservicable or unairworthy.

Use any checklist you want, including those that you find on the web that are detailed to the point where items that are outside of the ordinary are detailed.

But, don't go whining when you discover that the company has been trending unusual write-ups from PICs that are out of the ordinary. These write-ups become outliers and stick out like a sore thumb. The more outliers you write up, the easier it is to trend and match up with what is lifted off the few public message boards that are out there.

There are a couple of unions and a number of pilots that have been personally sanctioned and fired over the years because they decided that what they chose to write up was fine by all the flight crews ahead of them but always seemed to be a problem when they took the airplane.

You can't hide from the trending or stats. If you are the only one writing up certain items and it happens on every aircraft you happen to fly, you are either calling the flight crew ahead of you stupid or you are the stupid one to think nobody can trend it or notice.

Once again, I encourage you to post those lists and complete your preflights in any manner you choose. If you want to think you can't get pulled aside, maybe you need to once again go through the history on these to see how hard the courts have come down on those individuals who have taken their perception to a level their co-workers haven't.

Oh, and one last note. I know exactly what I'm talking about. You are the one that thinks you are getting away with something based on your false security blanket that the PIC has the final word on a write up. You aren't, you just another union fool willing to be led down a primrose path.

B-19 they can trend whatever they want, I DON'T CARE!!! Furthermore, you keep bringing the union into this, why? When have I said anything about the union? This discussion was about safety. I realize now, you are to obtuse to understand and I am wasting my time.

You live a very sad life. All you do is sit around typing garbage about a company you supposedly have nothing to do with. The worst part is, your not even good at it.

We all know you are anti-union and that is fine with me. However, the union at Flight Options is not going away. We will either have a CBA or they will close the doors.

B-19 they can trend whatever they want, I DON'T CARE!!! Furthermore, you keep bringing the union into this, why? When have I said anything about the union? This discussion was about safety. I realize now, you are to obtuse to understand and I am wasting my time.

You live a very sad life. All you do is sit around typing garbage about a company you supposedly have nothing to do with. The worst part is, your not even good at it.

We all know you are anti-union and that is fine with me. However, the union at Flight Options is not going away. We will either have a CBA or they will close the doors.

The list on this thread is all about union activity and the childish people who think delaying flights by writing up insignificant items will somehow advance their cause toward completing a CBA. The fact is, it's all identifiable and if anybody involved in one of these campaigns thinks they are getting away with something they are doing nothing but kidding themselves.

Oh, and you're statement about having a CBA or closing the doors? Be careful what you ask for, right now all of us are lucky just to have jobs.

The list on this thread is all about union activity and the childish people who think delaying flights by writing up insignificant items will somehow advance their cause toward completing a CBA. That is NOT what the thread is about. That is what YOU THINK it is about. AGAIN, how insignificant does something need to be in order for it not to be written up? At what point is a broken item OK to fly? Here's a lesson for you non-pilot folks (B19). If a broken item is not on a "Minimum Equipment List" (MEL), then it MUST be written up in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs). That is the LAW, and something you seem to be OK with breaking. The fact is, it's all identifiable and if anybody involved in one of these campaigns thinks they are getting away with something they are doing nothing but kidding themselves. Ahh... Your Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded. Flying around in airplanes with undocumented broken items is ILLEGAL. The highest write up count for one airplane is 17 items. Guess what happened when I called in the write ups? The Maintenance Controller said, "That airplane sound like it's in bad shape. Thanks for letting us know about it. We'll get her fixed up."

Oh, and you're statement about having a CBA or closing the doors? Be careful what you ask for, right now all of us are lucky just to have jobs.

I would SERIOUSLY reconsider your stance on this issue. I don't know if you realize it or not, but you are advocating an ILLEGAL activity. I sincerely hope you are not pressuring your pilots to fly broken airplanes. Unfortunately, with your post history, I think you probably do.

Re-read the original post in this thread. There is NO mention of a union until YOU made it. There is NOTHING illegal about professionals exchanging safety info.

Your fear mongering isn't working.

Can't hide from facts fischman.

I would SERIOUSLY reconsider your stance on this issue. I don't know if you realize it or not, but you are advocating an ILLEGAL activity. I sincerely hope you are not pressuring your pilots to fly broken airplanes. Unfortunately, with your post history, I think you probably do.

Re-read the original post in this thread. There is NO mention of a union until YOU made it. There is NOTHING illegal about professionals exchanging safety info.

Your fear mongering isn't working.

I'm not advocating any illegal activity.

I'm only telling you that matching lists against statisitcal outliers either shows the pilots are currently missing items that should be written up and aren't, or that pilots are engaging in a write-up campaign geared to slow the carrier down.

Statistical outliers are used in court everyday as evidence. It's not your call, it's the company and the court. So far, the courts have supported the company and individual pilots have even been sanctioned for their behavior. Fact.

I'm not advocating any illegal activity.

I'm only telling you that matching lists against statistical outliers either shows the pilots are currently missing items that should be written up and aren't, or that pilots are engaging in a write-up campaign geared to slow the carrier down.

Statistical outliers are used in court everyday as evidence. It's not your call, it's the company and the court. So far, the courts have supported the company and individual pilots have even been sanctioned for their behavior. Fact.

That's right. You can't hide from the facts.

The fact is, and this is the last time I'm going to tell you this, if an item is broke it needs to be documented in an MEL or fixed. THAT IS THE LAW.

If you aren't advocating illegal activity (which you have been in your previous posts), what would you suggest a pilot do when he comes across something on this list that is broken? Should he call it in, or fly it because he is worried about court action? (WHICH IS ILLEGAL!!!!)

Seriously. What would you suggest?

Latest resources

Back