Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, you consider it a low blow?

That's news to me.

The only thing I've never done is revealed private information and all the union mongers on this board think I don't answer questions, when in reality I've answered question after question supported by documention yet have been called every name imaginable.

As far as legality of the list, I'll state this one more time. I dare you to pull that list out in front of any POI while preflighting and see how far you get with using a non-standard, non-company, non FAA approved checklist.

B19, are you Skanza? Then why are you quoting me and responding? I haven't even participated in the discussion about the list you moron!

How about it Skanza. . . when are you going to post up with your 4-letter ID or Name? Prove to us all that it doesn't matter.

Wow, you consider it a low blow?

That's news to me.

The only thing I've never done is revealed private information and all the union mongers on this board think I don't answer questions, when in reality I've answered question after question supported by documention yet have been called every name imaginable.

As far as legality of the list, I'll state this one more time. I dare you to pull that list out in front of any POI while preflighting and see how far you get with using a non-standard, non-company, non FAA approved checklist.

A pilot can pull out a Maintenance Manual and perform an Annual if wants to, as long as he does not use any tools. The FAA will even help insure that the plane is safe by helping with the preflight. The more knowledge that you gather, the better (safer) the preflight. Finding out that any part of the Oxygen system is not working durring smoke, fire or rapid decompression at FL410 is not the place to discover a poor preflight.

B-19 how much do you get paid to F with real pilots on this board? Do you really believe that pilots will suddenly start believing anything that you spew forth.

Life is short, get one.

Last edited:
A pilot can pull out a Maintenance Manual and perform an Annual if wants to, as long as he does not use any tools. What? An annual on a Beechjet? You obviously don't know much about aircraft maintenance. Also, how is one supposed to do an annual without tools? Again, aircraft mx ignorant. The FAA will even help insure that the plane is safe by helping with the preflight. The more knowledge that you gather, the better (safer) the preflight. Finding out that any part of the Oxygen system is not working durring smoke, fire or rapid decompression at FL410 is not the place to discover a poor preflight. I agree. Nobody said to ignore important things on a preflight. We're talking about fools coming up with their own preflight list that is geared towards grounding the aircraft. They don't want to fly, so the safety is a moot point.

B-19 how much do you get paid to F with real pilots on this board? Do you really believe that pilots will suddenly start believing anything that you spew forth.

Life is short, get one.

[...]

Skanza,
Somehow I knew you would ignore my last post here. If you don't want to give us your name or 4-letter ID, at least admit you were wrong.

A pilot can pull out a Maintenance Manual and perform an Annual if wants to, as long as he does not use any tools. The FAA will even help insure that the plane is safe by helping with the preflight. The more knowledge that you gather, the better (safer) the preflight. Finding out that any part of the Oxygen system is not working durring smoke, fire or rapid decompression at FL410 is not the place to discover a poor preflight.

Life is short, get one.

I don't get paid anything and have a union free life, but grab that e-mail and go through that list in front of a check airman or POI on your next checkride.

Go ahead, I double dog dare you.

Go outside of the company approved documents to conduct your preflight to YOUR limitations and interpretations, not the company limitations or interpretations. See how far you get.

It's funny how nobody ever responds when I use as evidence what happened to earn the court injunctions by overzealous preflights. If the judge has interpreted them to be overzealous twice, they will do it again now that it's established.

So, go ahead... print your lists, let them be trended and see if the judge considers them to be in line with industry standards or out of line.

Once the outliers occur, they stand out and become evidence for the injunction or sanction. I encourage you, do what YOU think is right, because the final decision comes from the judge, not you. The sanctions didn't stop with the unions, they plucked out individual pilots also.

Gotta watch them outliers....

I dare you to take off in front of your POI with something on that list broken.

Your scare tactics are laughable.

Actually, I dare you to take off. You couldn't fly a week in our shoes.

Pilots are taught specifically to preflight to company standards.

The interpretation of what makes those items unservicable is what is in question. Company & FAA standards/limitations vs. individual and message board standards.

Each time you write something up and it is noted "No problem found" and the mechanic signs it off means that your standards didn't meet FAA or company standards.

It instantly becomes an outlier. Have fun with those outliers in court.

I don't have scare tactics fischman, I'm just telling you how the evidence was provided to the courts in those successful cases against the unions and individual pilots.

You can hide from the truth and reality, but you can't hide from the stats when the court case comes along.

You must be talking about regs in another country. In THIS country, the FAA grants me TOTAL control over the whole shebang.

Go read your regulations from THIS country. Like I said, I've b1tch slapped ignorant managers alot smarter than you and come out on top.

Don't get nervous though, this won't affect you too much. Just keep crying like a little 16 yr old girl who got felt up at a drive-in about your hate for unions.

I dont like unions either, but until the company pays me what the job is worth, then I have to go that way.

Stick to the flight instruction forums kid, you're way outta your league with me.

Last edited:
I don't get paid anything and have a union free life, but grab that e-mail and go through that list in front of a check airman or POI on your next check ride.

Go ahead, I double dog dare you.

Go outside of the company approved documents to conduct your preflight to YOUR limitations and interpretations, not the company limitations or interpretations. See how far you get.

It's funny how nobody ever responds when I use as evidence what happened to earn the court injunctions by overzealous preflights. If the judge has interpreted them to be overzealous twice, they will do it again now that it's established.

So, go ahead... print your lists, let them be trended and see if the judge considers them to be in line with industry standards or out of line.

Once the outliers occur, they stand out and become evidence for the injunction or sanction. I encourage you, do what YOU think is right, because the final decision comes from the judge, not you. The sanctions didn't stop with the unions, they plucked out individual pilots also.

Do you think the patterns of safe operation of a jet by a good pilot is going to alarm a Judge?
The overwhelming and well documented patterns of Flops management busting FAR's and pushing pilots to fly poorly maintained planes on a daily basis will rise to the surface of what is considered criminal.

How Flops operates is well known throughout the industry. The proof is in the educated customer response to avoid any business with Flops while they prolong the labor disputes. The fleet is shrinking as the massive cash infusions continue to dwindle. It is truly shameful to operate with such a morally bankrupt company. There are still pilots that will not lower themselves to this blatant disregard for life and the law.

Even if an industry standard contract is reached, the old culture will have to go away and Flops maintenance will have to provide planes that a pilot can go to work in and produce.

Last edited:
You must be talking about regs in another country. In THIS country, the FAA grants me TOTAL control over the whole shebang.

Go read your regulations from THIS country. Like I said, I've b1tch slapped ignorant managers alot smarter than you and come out on top.

Don't get nervous though, this won't affect you too much. Just keep crying like a little 16 yr old girl who got felt up at a drive-in about your hate for unions.

I dont like unions either, but until the company pays me what the job is worth, then I have to go that way.

Stick to the flight instruction forums kid, you're way outta your league with me.

Ahhh... young grasshopper..... such a beginner.

You fly every day under reguations that I personally helped to draft. What have you contributed to your industry? Nothing? Why am I not surprised?

You only have complete control during flight time as PIC. Until the airplane moves with the intention of flight, you have shared operational control with the Director of Operations (for Part 135 and 91K).

And the reg? When you write something up that the previous pilot didn't, it's tagged on you.

I absolutely encourage you to write the hell out of every airplane you personally deem to have mechanical irregularities by your standards. It will make it easier to identify those pilots that turned the airplane over to you that you claim weren't doing thier job properly and overlooked all those items.

Then, when they get fired or sanctioned, you can explain to them what a crappy job they were doing and what a great and wonderful job you were doing.

It also creates the outliers that are so easy to pick up. Remember that it's the manufacturer's standards, not yours.

Stick to the small time kid... that is where you belong. We don't have time to babysit guys like you who think they are smarter than the rest of the industry, management and fellow pilots.

Oh, and one last comment about you getting paid what you are worth. If you are actually working in this industry and getting paid for it with your gung-ho, I'm the boss, I can do no wrong, screw CRM attitude that you exhibit in the above quote, any pay you already receive is more than you are worth.

135.65 Reporting mechanical irregularities.a) Each certificate holder shall provide an aircraft maintenance log to be carried on board each aircraft for recording or deferring mechanical irregularities and their correction.
(b) The pilot in command shall enter or have entered in the aircraft maintenance log each mechanical irregularity that comes to the pilot's attention during flight time. Before each flight, the pilot in command shall, if the pilot does not already know, determine the status of each irregularity entered in the maintenance log at the end of the preceding flight.
(c) Each person who takes corrective action or defers action concerning a reported or observed failure or malfunction of an airframe, powerplant, propeller, rotor, or appliance, shall record the action taken in the aircraft maintenance log under the applicable maintenance requirements of this chapter. (d) Each certificate holder shall establish a procedure for keeping copies of the aircraft maintenance log required by this section in the aircraft for access by appropriate personnel and shall include that procedure in the manual required by § 135.21.

Latest resources

Back