• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, he's right. But not how you've described it. There's the right way as you see it, which is your opinion, and there's his way which is his opinion. You fail to recognize that these are opinions and just because something is your opinion, doesn't make it right (same with his). What matters is what it actually right for the company - regardless of one's opinion. But I know, its hard for your narcissism to let go and become rational...

dude you need to go get yourself laid....it'll do ya a lotta good.

He's right. There are 2 sides to every story.

The right way, and his way.

No.. if unions dealt with companies in a reasonable manner it might be a different story, but they don't. They negotiate using basic blackmail as a tool (threatening to shut the company down and destroying the entity for everybody) and when the economy changes they persist in the process by inaction. (causing the company to shut down and ruin the entity for everybody).

There are two sides of the story, one side (the union side) IS a lot more radical than the other side is.

You're stirring it up. You post in threads that are discussing companies (in fact, a whole section of the industry) that you have no stake in. Why don't you get your kicks somewhere else and go piss in your own backyard?

While I no longer have an active place in the industry, I've invested a lot more heartache and effort into it than the average frac pilot by my efforts during the rulemaking process. I would like to see the efforts of the working group I participated in succeed rather than fail, and in my opinion unions are going to destroy the intent of the business model. You haven't a clue as to the effort that went into making the fractional world into what it is today.

As I've repeatedly stated, pilots like you that work off the fruit of labor others have invested into it have no right to complain about what others do until you walk a mile of management in thier shoes to see just how difficult it is.

Get off the flight deck and begin fixing the problems as a manager rather than becoming a number within the hoard of a union in an attempt to make a difference.

Until you have the courage to make the effort yourself, don't tell me what backyard I can do my business in.

B19, You have no clue.

While I no longer have an active place in the industry, I've invested a lot more heartache and effort into it than the average frac pilot by my efforts during the rulemaking process. I would like to see the efforts of the working group I participated in succeed rather than fail, and in my opinion unions are going to destroy the intent of the business model. You haven't a clue as to the effort that went into making the fractional world into what it is today.

As I've repeatedly stated, pilots like you that work off the fruit of labor others have invested into it have no right to complain about what others do until you walk a mile of management in thier shoes to see just how difficult it is.

Get off the flight deck and begin fixing the problems as a manager rather than becoming a number within the hoard of a union in an attempt to make a difference.

Until you have the courage to make the effort yourself, don't tell me what backyard I can do my business in.

You have no clue as to my previous experience.

FYI, I have a business degree and I spent several years as the general manager for a 135 operation. I have gone through the entire 135 process from conception to operational approval, including writing Training & Operations manuals from scratch, getting MEL's and maintenance programs approved, and flying proving runs. I have written business plans and budgets and run the day-to-day operations too. I have also been involved my the FAA during a MEL review/revision process, so don't tell me that I don't have the courage to be a manager. I have walked a mile in your shoes, but I choose not to at this point in my life. What keeps me from doing it again? . . . Besides all the back-biting and politicing in an office, I have no desire to move to Cleveland. . . It is as simple as that!

I don't think anyone here would argue that unions make it harder for a company to operate quickly, but the whole reason for there is a union on property in the first place, is because management consistently fails to treat their pilots fairly. Some Flops pilots have seen up to five different management teams (if you include the Travel Air management), and every one has made promises that they failed to live up to. Hopefully, Kenn Ricci will live up to what he says this time. . . if he doesn't sell us off and/or if HIG keeps him around long enough, that is.

You can't argue. . . Management has caused a lot more companies to fail than any union, by far. In fact, the whole current state of the world economy today is mainly due to decisions made by managers! When managers have proven that they can be trusted to act in the best interest of the entire company and treat their employee fairly, I might re-consider my stand. Until that day, I will continue to support my union, and I suggest that others do the same !!!

Last edited:
What is the purpose of this thread again?
To share operation-inhibiting ideas with other arm-crossing-breath-holding-union children? Just wondering...

What is the purpose of this thread again?
To share operation-inhibiting ideas with other arm-crossing-breath-holding-union children? Just wondering...

no, i think it was sharing safety related issues geard toward preventing accidents and FAR violations.

remember, when omething goes wrong, it's the captain and fo's ass on the line. Not the guy telling you to go fly.

you'll learn this stuff when you become a captain......someday kid.

Last edited:
no, i think it was sharing safety related issues geard toward preventing accidents and FAR violations.

remember, when omething goes wrong, it's the captain and fo's ass on the line. Not the guy telling you to go fly.

you'll learn this stuff when you become a captain......someday kid.

Wrong, this thread began as a list on how to preflight airplanes using methods designed to slow down company operations by noting insignifcant items that would not normally be written up.

Thankfully, the courts have recently caught up with this kind of behavior and are holding unions and individual union members accountable for items like these and "sick outs".

Stuff like this on public message boards is great because it provides evidence in the case of lawsuits and the union has a real tough time explaining it when the injunction is filed.

When the items on this list trend out of line with previous history, it provides the exact supporting documentation needed.

One last thought... it's not just the pilot and f/o flying, it's the entire company. All the pieces need to work for a safe flight from maintenance to fuel to ground service and everything else that happens. Don't be a prima dona because you are a pilot. If the fueler doesn't fuel the airplane, you ain't going anywhere pal..

Wrong, this thread began as a list on how to preflight airplanes using methods designed to slow down company operations by noting insignificant items that would not normally be written up. Wrong. This is a thread of professionals sharing safety tips.

Thankfully, the courts have recently caught up with this kind of behavior and are holding unions and individual union members accountable for items like these and "sick outs". Really? Courts have found exchanging safety information illegal??? I missed that.

Stuff like this on public message boards is great because it provides evidence in the case of lawsuits and the union has a real tough time explaining it when the injunction is filed.

When the items on this list trend out of line with previous history, it provides the exact supporting documentation needed.

One last thought... it's not just the pilot and f/o flying, it's the entire company. Bull! So does the entire company DIE because one of these items in a preflight check were missed? No!!! The crew and pax are the only ones with their lives in jeopardy if the appropriate preflight inspection isn't completed. All the pieces need to work for a safe flight from maintenance to fuel to ground service and everything else that happens. Don't be a prima dona because you are a pilot. If the fueler doesn't fuel the airplane, you ain't going anywhere pal..

Your threats of lawsuits against doing a proper preflight inspection is EXACTLY why there are unions like IBT1108 and NJASAP. Keep up the threats. It solidifies my arguments.

Latest resources

Back