• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reading (and re-reading) the TA until you have a good understanding of what it contains would be an awesome plan. Then, if there are still parts of the TA you don't understand I strongly suggest you direct your questions to union leadership on the 1108 site. The questions being posted there have been responded to (usually) within 24hrs. This forum is not the proper - nor necessarily an accurate - source for TA information.

pfp

The leadership post on here all the time. There is no reason that the questions being asked here can not be answerers by said leadership. As stated by me and others, if you are not singing their tune you get hammered by the leadership and their boys.

pay

The new pay scale is well below what I was both expecting & what I was hoping for.

-I do understand it is a different company & has different (if any) financial backing than most of the other fractionals.

-Every company cries poor when negotiating pilot pay, but most companies won’t even consider opening their books to an outside auditor to verify certain financial information. The union was able conduct an audit of Flight Options’ financial books.

-A couple years ago, there was talk of specific clauses in share-owner contracts that allowed for a direct increase in their monthly costs to coincide with an increase in labor (pilot) salaries. Are there simply too many card-holder contracts and not enough share-owners to cover industry standard pilot salaries?

-Regarding some posts to "STMFPD": I can’t think of a faster way of shooting yourself in the d***. You hung around Flight Options this long: Try and change how the ship is steered; Don’t try and sink it.

Also: any time is a bad time to be waving this flag, but right now is a p***-poor time to be an unemployed pilot.

I just received this email from an airline in India (not Idaho, or Indiana, or the Cleveland Indians; but India, the country.).

“We have not yet received the document that we sought for processing your employment in the Company. However, the following documents are required to process your employment in ***** Airlines:

1. Last SIM check documents showing that SIM has been performed within last 03 months.
2. Valid license.
3. Valid medical Certificate.
4. Valid Passport.
5. Current last two pages of flying log book (flight must have been performed at least within six months).
6. Photograph.
7. Academic / School Certificates.
8. Experience Certificate.”

No guarantee of a job, let alone an interview, but they expect pilots to fork over $4 - $10k to a simulator company for currency. Don’t believe it’s real? Ask your fellow furloughed brothers and sisters or take a look at climbto350.com.

Got a question or a problem with the TA? - Get in line. But let’s keep some perspective on what everyone’s been trying to accomplish for the last 5 years.

T As stated by me and others, if you are not singing their tune you get hammered by the leadership and their boys.

I dunno Surfer. This hasn't been my experience. And I CERTAINLY haven't been drinking theirs - or anyone else's - kool aid.

Hey I thought you were going away.

I've been paying close attention to this guys word choices and I'm beginning to suspect this is an alter-ego of B-19. They also seem to have the same agenda.

You can run but you can not hide. This contract isn't good enough to vote yes for.

Its simple to see.

You can run but you can not hide. This contract isn't good enough to vote yes for.

Its simple to see.

Notice it did not deny the accusation.

B-19 for sure. And it would like nothing more than to tank our deal. Wouldn't want the Avantair boys to get any ideas.

Well, the beauty of the whole process is that the membership can tell the MEC exactly what they want during roadshows, comment periods, etc...

Send it back to the table or vote no, etc...

Notice it did not deny the accusation.

B-19 for sure. And it would like nothing more than to tank our deal. Wouldn't want the Avantair boys to get any ideas.

Notice that ITFL won't answer questions about why the pay is so damn low???

I guess 1108 will have to change their web site header from
"The leading union in private and business aircraft pilot representation" to "We suck"

Wouldn't want the Avantair boys to get any ideas.

Huh? We've been accused of hijacking threads. What do you call it when others try to suck us in?

I wish the best for FLOPS pilots, and always have. On the road, you guys (and gals) have always been polite to me. I hope you get the best you can. We choose a different path, but I at least, respect yours.

Wacoflyr

Latest resources

Back