• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good post ca1900. I will be the first to play devils advocate. There are always reasons for union and non-union to argue there sides, just like republicans and democrats. The point is, its better for our company and the union to have a contract in writing. I just don't see how anyone can hate the fact that this has come to a TA. Really, you non-union guys, if you don't like working for a union company now quite. Heaven forbid we got something in writing to better every one. Its not only about the pay and everything else its the fact of having a document that can back up the pilots and work rules.

I have never seen so many trying to piss on a good thing. It looks like the non-union supports are also trying to blame the union for the down turn in the economy too. Well I much rather take a bit less now and have a company to come back to, than took a 3 page contract with more pay and then Flops realized opps..we paid to much and need to furlough more or shut down.

B19 that is what you seem to have a problem with. We should have took the early pay raise and be done. Well, what kind of shape would that have left the company. More layoffs most likely. Now we have something based on today's economy and for improvement towards the future. Why argue against that.

well its late and I'm breaking my rule of posting at certain hours. Lets wait and see what the details are. Thank you to the MEC and the company for getting us something to vote on!

Flydog is right, maybe some of these negative post have only one intention in mind.....Job security......keep the conflict going by beating down the contract. Thus back to the table for however long.

Flydog your exactly right. We have something for todays economy. Hell the offer from 3 yrs ago may even pay more than this one, but that offer had zero work rules and no scope Bob.

Cant figure out why people who dont work for Options are so negative on our TA. If it doesn't affect them when why do they care.

Everyone seems quick to slam if its not Netjets than its a failure.
I think every pilot group has to work for a agreement that works for their situation. When the Netjets guys in 04 felt they were being misled they made changes. And for them at that time it was the right move and I commend them for it. I for one feel that our Union leaders have done the best under probably the hardest of times to negotiate a "first" contract. I dont feel misled and think we have something that works for us and we have still kept a good relationship with the Company mgmt.

I sure dont hear people slamming the AirTran guys for making less than Southwest pilots or slamming Continental pilots for settling for less than UPS.

I sure dont hear people slamming the AirTran guys for making less than Southwest pilots.
Yeah, they do... just not as much these days as our pilots killed 2 T.A.'s 2 1/2 years ago and the people slamming us backed off, realizing we were going to fight for at least parity with Alaska / JB rates.

Otherwise, yes, people who don't work there shouldn't be so quick to bash. You very rarely get EVERYTHING you want in a first contract after unionizing. Again, make sure you READ it... our BoD outright LIED about what was in the last T.A.'s until I printed a copy, comparatively analyzed it, and published the truth to the pilot group. The T.A. was squashed, the BoD removed and replaced, and ALPA soon replaced the in-house union. Not saying that would happen there, but road shows should ALWAYS publish the good right alongside the bad and let the chips fall where they may.

Best of luck!

Otherwise, yes, people who don't work there shouldn't be so quick to bash. You very rarely get EVERYTHING you want in a first contract after unionizing. Again, make sure you READ it... our BoD outright LIED about what was in the last T.A.'s until I printed a copy, comparatively analyzed it, and published the truth to the pilot group. The T.A. was squashed, the BoD removed and replaced, and ALPA soon replaced the in-house union. Not saying that would happen there, but road shows should ALWAYS publish the good right alongside the bad and let the chips fall where they may.

Best of luck!

This is great insight and advice. The importance of not only READING but UNDERSTANDING all sections of the TA can't be over emphasized.

I don't know that our E-board is going to handle the TA education process with a road show, but they've stated they will "conduct an extensive, interactive educational campaign about the tentative agreement". Will they stipulate both the pros and cons of our first TA during this campaign? I think it would be wise for them to do so, but we'll have to wait and see.

That Walmart greeter is non-union and has a more stable job than any pilot with a union contract.

They are non union..But there smart enough to not hire a Idiot like you!!! Why dont you try TSA there a bunch of bumbling bafoons that have no idea what there doing..But are important in there own mind..You would probably fit in nicely with them..

Latest resources

Back