• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just don't see where the non-union fracs have gone through the hell that NJA and FLOPS has over the last three years.

Good point! It's not like FlexJet and CitationShares(Air) furloughed pilots.

Oh, wait.................

Just exactly how stupid are you?

b19

Not to confuse you with facts but the chaos at Flight Options was mostly due to the stripping of assets out of Options by Raytheon to facilitate the sale of RAC. The asset movement started before the union drive. The union was mearly a reaction to the things that were going on at the company at the time. As Bob Tyler has been quoted as saying "we have to fix some things around here or we are going to get the union we deserve."

Again congrats to the IBT and the Options pilots on reaching this important milestone. Hopefully the TA is worthy and some better days will come your way.

So where are the numbers????

We were told that over the next week (as of last Friday), both the union and the company would be proofreading the TA for errors and typos. I sincerely hope our leardership understands by this point it would be a terrible mistake to have have underestimated the one-week time period to review the TA. Patience is about gone, on both sides. I'd say if the TA is not released to the pilots by this coming Monday, then we should be standing on the desk of the E-board demanding to see it.

Proof-ready and typos??? OMG. Wouldn't that have been done before you gave the membership a hard-on about a TA? I mean, when you announce a TA, I would think you'd want it in the hands of the membership PRONTO!

So, your NC and Mgt have been checking for typos for 6 days now?

That's pretty funny!

As Bob Tyler has been quoted as saying "we have to fix some things around here or we are going to get the union we deserve........

B19 is Bob Tyler....

Proof-ready and typos??? OMG. Wouldn't that have been done before you gave the membership a hard-on about a TA? I mean, when you announce a TA, I would think you'd want it in the hands of the membership PRONTO!

So, your NC and Mgt have been checking for typos for 6 days now?

That's pretty funny!

Eh, glad you enjoyed the joke. :rolleyes:

If you've been following our negotiations, you would know that the final mediated negotiating session ended last Thursday. Assume for a moment that the "agreement" came in the 11th hour of that session. If I follow your thinking, the E-Board should not have announced that we had a TA until all the loose ends were tied up. Another week? Two? Instead, they've committed to a time frame to present the TA and we'll hold them to that. A few more days isn't going to matter at this point.

Make no mistake - getting the word out ASAP after the agreement is part of the strategy (from both parties) to get the pilots pumped up in an attempt to ratify the TA on the first vote. Everyone is "excited" about the possibility that this thing could be over. And I'm as anxious as anyone to read it. But I'm also using this time to get the word out and remind everyone that when it is released, they need to READ and UNDERSTAND all sections of the TA before deciding which way to vote. The company and E-Board are going to do all they can to sell this thing. If it doesn't meet a certain standard, it will get a no vote from me and I'll be encouraging others to do the same.

I'd agree with you there ProFac.....just sort of makes you go hum when they're hanging out making sure T's are crossed and I's are dotted for a week. That sort of stuff can be accomplished while the NC is out doing the road-shows.

But you are correct, IF in fact they're just checking for typos, a day or two 'aint gonna matter.

I'd agree with you there ProFac.....just sort of makes you go hum when they're hanging out making sure T's are crossed and I's are dotted for a week. That sort of stuff can be accomplished while the NC is out doing the road-shows.
No. That's not how it works. Not if you want to get it right the first time.

But you are correct, IF in fact they're just checking for typos, a day or two 'aint gonna matter.
And that's a good time frame for proofreading. Rule of thumb, you never proofread your own work. You'll miss stuff, guaranteed. 2-3 people need to proofread the entire thing from front to back, checking for inconsistent language, bad references to previous paragraphs, etc.

When I was comparing the two T.A.'s at AirTran to current book, you would not BELIEVE the number of typos, bad paragraph references, and just poor language I found. It looks REALLY unprofessional when you do that...

The standard practice is to provide printed copies of the entire T.A. at the road shows, so they likely want to make sure it's right before it comes out but, like you also said, 2-3 days is plenty of time to correct everything, bounce it back to the company with the changes highlighted in the margins, get them to agree to the changes, then print copies and schedule road shows. Assuming that's all they're focused on doing at this point...

Best of luck!

What a Moron.

Bich you lost, your just about out of a job. This contract will be somewhat less than others (and I'm ok with that, the union never promissed us anything), but I will have protections from you, Mays, Kellers, Schtfingers, Mrkrs, and any other morons I forgot about, oh wait the PSMs too.
Good luck 19, break a leg, get into a car accident, get a new job, or just get drunk.

If you really think thats true, you are clueless. They promised the world and wont be delivering. Thats the bottom line. They didnt get it done, you know it, and now your trying to sugar coat it. There is going to be 2 votes upcomming, one to accept the TA and the other to vote the 1108 out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back