• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful with that thought process. We heard the same thing in 2004 from our union in the road show for the failed TA. Somehow the company found a lot more money by the time we voted in the CBA in 2005.

Right On !!!

And those sorry ass road shows too!

So we vote it down, what then? The union has said that, based on their analysis of the companies books, there is no more money, that this was the best deal they could get. So you vote the TA down and the negotiating committee goes back to the table, right? Meanwhile we remain at-will employees with no pay raise, or any of the other improvements that are in this TA. With me so far? Ok, then the NMB - because this is what the NMB typically does under these kinds of circumstances - puts negotiations on ice for six months, by not scheduling another bargaining session for a while. Oh, but your thinking, WE WILL STRIKE, no we will not, because the nasty old NMB will not release us to do so. F-ing RLA.

So go ahead, fan the flames on here, get this thing voted down. And when you're sitting in Uncle Bob's office without a just cause provision this summer, you will have your self to blame.

Man you are really deep in the coolaid. The NMB will not ice it for 6 months and the company will not want it on ice for 6 months. Management need this contract settled as much as all of us want it settled. With unsettled labor negotiations hanging over their heads it makes sales and growth very difficult. Just like any other negotiations you don't throw your best offer on the table for ink first. You always hold a little something in your back pocket to close the deal.

Oh yea, in case you haven't heard, Kenn is back in town so we are not going to be subjected to the unjust horsesh!t that Sh!tfinger was famous for.

Man you are really deep in the coolaid. The NMB will not ice it for 6 months and the company will not want it on ice for 6 months. Management need this contract settled as much as all of us want it settled. With unsettled labor negotiations hanging over their heads it makes sales and growth very difficult. Just like any other negotiations you don't throw your best offer on the table for ink first. You always hold a little something in your back pocket to close the deal.

Oh yea, in case you haven't heard, Kenn is back in town so we are not going to be subjected to the unjust horsesh!t that Sh!tfinger was famous for.

Its gonna get voted down. You need to get a good nights sleep, regroup and come to that realization.

There is no way the pilot group will vote yes for that TA.

Kenns back in town, I haven't noticed. Last time I heard from him was about a year and a half ago when he promised to allow us to change the system to allow us to be able to order the crew meals to what we wanted to eat and not the crap they decide to always order for us. I think that was also around the time that he said he was personally going to see that this contract gets done, and that we should be the highest paid in the industry. Well, we can all see how good he is able to keep promises. I think he wants to distance himself from this failure of a contract because if it screws up the company, it would not be his fault. But if it somehow passes, I'm sure he will be back in the lime light. That is why we need a CBA, and not this piece of crap that they want us to sign. No offense to our negotiators, I know you worked hard on it and I thank you for your time and sacrifice. But you were just out gunned by a very savvy Fud and Harrison negotiation team, exploiting weaknesses.

I have not read the whole CBA yet, but I am getting close, and as of now, I am not impressed on many important sections. I know one thing for sure, no salesman would ever make his best offer first. He would give you a crappy offer first just to see how cheap the deal could get done for. Let me repeat this for the cool-aid drinkers, YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN MANAGEMENTS BEST OFFER. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Last edited:
Its gonna get voted down. You need to get a good nights sleep, regroup and come to that realization.

There is no way the pilot group will vote yes for that TA.

I'm not saying that it should get voted down just that we all need to know what is in the TA before any of us unilaterally say yes or no.

Kenns back in town, I haven't noticed. Last time I heard from him was about a year and a half ago when he promised to allow us to change the system to allow us to be able to order the crew meals to what we wanted to eat and not the crap they decide to always order for us. I think that was also around the time that he said he was personally going to see that this contract gets done, and that we should be the highest paid in the industry. Well, we can all see how good he is able to keep promises. I think he wants to distance himself from this failure of a contract because if it screws up the company, it would not be his fault. But if it somehow passes, I'm sure he will be back in the lime light. That is why we need a CBA, and not this piece of crap that they want us to sign. No offense to our negotiators, I know you worked hard on it and I thank you for your time and sacrifice. But you were just out gunned by a very savvy Fud and Harrison negotiation team, exploiting weaknesses.

I have not read the whole CBA yet, but I am getting close, and as of now, I am not impressed on many important sections. I know one thing for sure, no salesman would ever make his best offer first. He would give you a crappy offer first just to see how cheap the deal could get done for. Let me repeat this for the cool-aid drinkers, YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN MANAGEMENTS BEST OFFER. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Well before you say NO take the time to read it and know what you are saying no to. I will have a verbatim read on it by tonight, and have lots of questions.

So it's Uncle Kenn to the rescue? It that what your saying? And you lecture me about drinking Koolaid?

If you really believe that, you don't know Kenn.

I'm not saying that it should get voted down just that we all need to know what is in the TA before any of us unilaterally say yes or no.

Oh no I can see it now.

If this thing looks like a no vote >> you will extend the voting period and make sure everyone gets to see a great road show, phone calls all day and night, survey phone calls, packages in the mail... etc etc etc.. trying to get the 51 percent yes vote.

HA HA HA

Be aware... don't answer the phone if this happens!!

Oh no I can see it now.

If this thing looks like a no vote >> you will extend the voting period and make sure everyone gets to see a great road show, phone calls all day and night, survey phone calls, packages in the mail... etc etc etc.. trying to get the 51 percent yes vote.

HA HA HA

Be aware... don't answer the phone if this happens!!

I think this guy wants bad things to happen to the pilots at Flight Options. I think he would enjoy a kind of perverse pleasure in seeing us crash and burn.

Latest resources

Back