• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grown men hating on each other......ruining the industry for each other.....too bad :(

Ahhhh, the dudes doing the happy dance right now are the sales guy's in CGF. Now they have a product they can sell, you can bet they want this signed more than the pilots.

Who's pissed ?... F.H. Now they have to come up with a whole new way to sell their services to the Airline Industry, about the only thing they will be able to say is how much money F.O. saved in the last seven years. Trust me....they will never speak about the income lost and shear damage that was done to this company by not treating people like people.

Who's pissed ?... Talk to any CEO from any other frac, you can bet on a collective sigh and hmmmmm.

First Contract for Pilots Reached at Flight Options

The proposed tentative agreement contains a variety of improvements, including across the board pay increases for every pilot, longevity-based salary increases, scope and job security protections, a grievance and arbitration procedure, additional PTO for vacation and sick day use, eligibility for overtime for early duty start times on the first day of a tour, a protected crew basing system, seniority based furlough/recall, schedule and vacation bidding, insurance and benefit security, future improvements to the 401(k) plan, a 7&7 schedule, extended recall rights for furloughed pilots, improved leave of absence provisions, safety-based duty and rest protections verifiable mechanism that increases pilot compensation as the business rebounds.

Sounds like they cut and pasted from the old NJA contract doesn't it? I was hoping you guys would get something that would improve the industry rather than just go along with what NJA already has.

Be forewarned that any loophole you read in it will be exploited by the company. So take your time , read carefully, and make damned sure you are willing to live for years after the amendable date with it's provisions, before you sign.

Congrats just the same. It's a wonderful feeling to actually have something to vote on.

Sounds like they cut and pasted from the old NJA contract doesn't it? I was hoping you guys would get something that would improve the industry rather than just go along with what NJA already has.

Even if it's similar to the NJA contract, it will be a good first step in the right direction. Besides, other than the early show OT, most contracts do contain sections on the topics mentioned in the press release.

As a businessman I can promise you that FLOPS Management didn't sign an Agremment in GOOD times becaue they didn't have as much leverage. The fact that they finally signed an Agreement during a recession with 10% unemployment tells me that the PILOTS now have very little bargaining power.

That being said...perhaps it is a good Agreement. Perhaps it isn't. Sign an Agreement that you can be proud of in 5 years.......not in 5 months. That will be up to you guys, of course. You know what you are worth. Good luck. I hope it works out.

As a businessman I can promise you that FLOPS Management didn't sign an Agremment in GOOD times becaue they didn't have as much leverage. The fact that they finally signed an Agreement during a recession with 10% unemployment tells me that the PILOTS now have very little bargaining power.

That being said...perhaps it is a good Agreement. Perhaps it isn't. Sign an Agreement that you can be proud of in 5 years.......not in 5 months. That will be up to you guys, of course. You know what you are worth. Good luck. I hope it works out.

Must not be a very profitable business if you treat your workers that way.

OK, moderator hat on:

Watch the profanity. You can argue all you want, but please check your profanity and similar language at the door.

Moderator hat off:

Congrats to the FLOPS pilots, hope it's worth ratifying and your coworkers on the streets can get back to work soon and under a contract that they will enjoy returning under.

How about we all just keep this an internal matter and not celebrate until the cba is viewed and ratified. For all we know the negotiators got tired of dealing with the company bs back and forth and sent it to the pilots to let mgt know what we are willing to accept. That being said, any agreement reached was in the best interest of management and you can bet they spared no expense to hire the best analysts to tell them that the survivability of this war is probability zero. The pilots have faced the brunt of this uneccessary battle and paid a very heavy price. How many divorces and broken families were the result of this? How many bankruptcies and lost houses resulted from this? How many owners and pilots jobs were lost as a result of this? It is a little early to be celebrating anything. I want to send our negotiators a personal thank you for their unwavering devotion and persistence. Let's all keep this an internal matter until we know all the facts and have something solid to share.

Everybody loses...

Don't you think it is ridiculous to have the same expectations for the contract that you had during the peak of the economy to the largest financial disaster since the great depression? Pretty sad statement.

That's exactly what I said almost three years ago. 1108 was so greedy they didn't get it done when the going was good. Typical union behavior, instead of negotiating in good faith from the beginning, they ask an unreasonable amount (in this case, NJA plus) and place the company into years of turmoil, but oops, the economy tanked in the meantime. Good going 1108, how much did that greed cost the group?

If they had gotten it done before the economy tanked, the pilot group would have been much better off. Instead, it's the union way to to be greedy and hold out instead of quickly negotiating in good faith.

Typical union behavior, three years of turmoil and a contract not nearly as good as what they would have had three years ago.

congrats Gents,Good on ya !

Latest resources

Back