• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it's anything less than the industry leading contract that 1108 promised over three years ago, then it was exactly what I said it would be...... lots of turmoil, lots of hell with little to gain over the long period of time.

]
Don't you think it is ridiculous to have the same expectations for the contract that you had during the peak of the economy to the largest financial disaster since the great depression? Pretty sad statement.

A year and a half ago the Union boys turned down a 25% pay raise for us. They promised they could do better. We will soon discover their worth.

Really. And you were on the negotiating committee...when??

I think all FlOps pilots will take the time and read the TA within the context in which it was crafted: Post furlough and in a deep economic recession. In the 3+ years since negotiations began the game has changed, folks.

How does one define "industry standard" in these economic times? For example, is it only by achieving BASE PAY parity with our competitors? Or will it be defined by other, cutting edge ideas such as both an across the board pay increase coupled with bonus compensation tied to measurable performance of the company?

I have no idea what all is in the TA, and won't know until it is released to the rank and file. So I can't say unequivocally that it will garner a "yes" vote from me. But when released, myself and every other FlOps pilot needs to read, learn, and understand the TA in total before making a yes/no decision.

We have only reached one more marker - albeit a major one - on the road to achieving a CBA. There is still more work to be done, much of it by us - the rank and file. Let's git-er-done.

Airline Division Press Release

First Contract for Pilots Reached at Flight Options

After more than three and a half years of contract negotiations, the pilots of Flight Options, represented by Local 1108, have reached a tentative agreement with management on a first contract.

In addition to the inherent problems of negotiating a first contract, Local 1108 also dealt with circumstances that few pilot groups have ever faced. Ownership and senior management changes several times during the long bargaining process and the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, that disproportionately impacted the entire fractional aviation sector made reaching a first contract exceptionally difficult.

Upon being notified of the agreement, Airline Division Director David Bourne said, "It's been my pleasure to work with the leadership and Negotiating Committee of Local 1108 during their negotiations. Throughout a long and difficult process, they demonstrated a total devotion to professionalism and to representing their pilots. I am very happy for the members of Local 1108 and commend the leadership and committee for a job well done."

The proposed tentative agreement contains a variety of improvements, including across the board pay increases for every pilot, longevity-based salary increases, scope and job security protections, a grievance and arbitration procedure, additional PTO for vacation and sick day use, eligibility for overtime for early duty start times on the first day of a tour, a protected crew basing system, seniority based furlough/recall, schedule and vacation bidding, insurance and benefit security, future improvements to the 401(k) plan, a 7&7 schedule, extended recall rights for furloughed pilots, improved leave of absence provisions, safety-based duty and rest protections verifiable mechanism that increases pilot compensation as the business rebounds.

Management and Union representatives will meet next week to proofread the tentative agreement.

A year and a half ago the Union boys turned down a 25% pay raise for us. They promised they could do better. We will soon discover their worth.

That was what they offered us when the RIF pilots happened. Were you one of the pilots that wanted to forget about the 70, and take the companys 3 page contract?

Last edited:
I haven't see the TA, but I'll bet that it's a contract that could have been had 3 years ago had 1108 not been so greedy in promising the FLOPS guys the world...

Once again, you show your ignorance by talking out of your ass. There is no way that Scheeringa would have signed a contract without a union exercising their right to organize.

Easy girls.

The Announcement said they got it done. I didn't see anything about what a "big victory" it was for the 1108.

I still think the 1108 is a Joke and am surprised that the International let them get away with all the amateur monkey business.

There you are, I missed you buddy. Why don't you think about that more as you pound some salt!

If it's anything less than the industry leading contract that 1108 promised over three years ago, then it was exactly what I said it would be...... lots of turmoil, lots of hell with little to gain over the long period of time.

Measure the success by the original promises made by 1108, not what winds up in the final contract.

I haven't see the TA, but I'll bet that it's a contract that could have been had 3 years ago had 1108 not been so greedy in promising the FLOPS guys the world...

Hey buddy! I missed ya! Please read my response to secondsegment as it applies to you also..... Moron

Funny, when there were only endless negotiations in sight, the IBT1108 was to blame for the lack of measurable progress, now the first TA is at hand and the union haters know it's a failure from jump street. Seems to me they are unable to eat crow and admit that despite all their unreasoned prejudice there has been progress, real progress......they can't stand it.

Congratulations to the whole FLOPS community. Details not withstanding, you have achieved something big in trying times no less. Congratulations!!

Grown men hating on each other......ruining the industry for each other.....too bad :(

You aren't even employed as a pilot, much less in this industry. And the bile you have spewed toward pilots has been far worse than anything in this thread. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Latest resources

Back