Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops Randomly *terminating* Many Pilots !beware!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely destroy it. BURN IT DOWN.

If there is any reason to in the future... rebuild it, but in YOUR image.

Absolute destruction. SLASH AND BURN.

CRIPPLE THE BUSINESS. The "job" you have isn't that good anyway.

Are you Saudi?

B19,

The 1108 is on property because of incompetent and unethical management. Management increased our insurance, management set the low pay scales, management used unethical tactics to get pilots to fly broke airplanes, management kicked people who are fighting cancer off of health insurance and made them pay COBRA, management is the greedy one. Management are the ones who did not "get it done".
Management fired us- not the 1108.

Since my wrongful termination, I have received support and confidence from people who are professionals and truely have compassion and morals. Who are these people? They are the 1108- the pilots of Flight Options. These pilots of 1108 are the ones with integrity, honor and worthy of respect. These people in the 1108 are my friends. FLOPS may have taken my job, but they will never take away my integrity and character.

I am the one without a job. I am the one without health care insurance for my family. My wife and childen support me in my decision to stick my neck out to better the life of our pilot group. I do not regret my actions at all. I'd do it again.

So, B-19, I really do not care who or what you are.
You do not have the right to say anything about the 1108 or any of the pilots wrongfully terminated. Go back to your desk or flight deck- I really do not care. I know who and what I am, my children know their father is a good man who can look at himself in the mirror and sleep knowing he did his job with professionalism and honor- that's all that matters.

Judgement day will bring out the truth- I do not fear that day.

Good luck with your soul.

I've been laid off twice. Been there, done that got the t-shirt.

Both times as a direct result of union activity. I despise unions more than you despise management. There is nothing you are going through now that I haven't been through twice.

I lost everything you did. Health insurance, retirement and my chosen career. My family was moved twice. The only blessing was it educated me about the evil unions play in the airline industry and taught me never to play with them again. No union, no layoff.

First time for you I imagine? I fixed my problem by finding a solid airline without a union with a good reputation. I've never been more satisfied and safe.

It sucks, and I feel for you. There is more empathy from me than most any pilot on this board. You feel you were wronged by management. I KNOW I was wronged by two different unions.

But, what I said stands true and I speak from first hand experience. I'm not changing my opinion on what happened.

Over and over I've stated putting a union on the property is ugly. Very ugly. You were part of the sacrifice that the union should have prepared you for. My guess is that it's not over yet either.

Unions don't prepare their brethren for these types of things. It's all part or the koolaide for them to get pilots to buy into the program.

Looks like FLOPS management is going to fight it to the end.

1108 supporters are getting exactly what they asked for and should have expected.

yawn............

Ain

Flight Options Downsizes, Terminates Pilots

By Chad Trauvetter
May 27, 2008
Fractional

Ohio-based Flight Options on Friday closed its maintenance facility at Cleveland Cuyahoga Airport and dismissed about 200 employees, 68 of whom were pilots, according to IBT Local 1108, which represents the fractional provider’s pilots. A pilot union spokesman told AIN that the flight crew eliminations were done regardless of seniority and were based on “performance.

A Flight Options spokeswoman confirmed, “We did have a reduction–they were terminations, not layoffs–[and] the Cleveland maintenance facility has been closed. In a statement, the company said poor economic conditions and a “reduction in demand” have caused it “to scale the business to match current and future needs and to maintain the overall health of the company.

Fractional industry analysts Mike Riegel of Fractional Insider and Kevin O’Leary of Jet Advisors both said Flight Options’ net sales were down about three aircraft year-to-date, with Riegel telling AIN that Flight Options has been the “worst performer by far” of the major fractionals this year. The pilot union spokesman said there are roughly 500 pilots remaining and about 125 aircraft still in the fleet.

In December, Flight Options said it had 140 aircraft in its fleet. The Flight Options spokeswoman would not confirm the number of remaining employees or the number of aircraft in its fleet, nor would she comment on any possible further personnel or aircraft fleet reductions.

http://www.ainonline.com/news/single-news-page/article/flight-options-downsizes-terminates-pilots/

Laid off? Terminated? Fired? Furloughed?

Poll.

http://www.polldaddy.com/p/649061/

Latest resources

Back