Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops Randomly *terminating* Many Pilots !beware!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You need to undersand before NJ's contract,FLOPS was the highest paid. and a lot of the pilots that worked to make it a better place post NJ's contract were just FIRED out of senority

Exactly.
NJA was also crying poverty when the were presenting their "ridiculous" demands to mgt. Everything cycles....hopefully the mgt/ownership cycle will turn for the better soon, and they will realize what the morons in there now can't...that a great contract is the LAST hope for happy employees that can make the customer (the only one we probaby have left) happy.

In a statement, the company said poor economic conditions and a “reduction in demand” have caused it “to scale the business to match current and future needs and to maintain the overall health of the company.

In the recent past (a couple of months ago?) MS told the media in Ohio that FltOps was going to be growing and creating more jobs this year. Remember that he was demanding the same break that NJA was getting from the state to help with their training campus. Obviously MS has no integrity and just says whatever he thinks will best serve his purpose...:rolleyes: He's a failure as the CEO of an aviation company, but hey, the guy would fit right in at Fud and Harassment. His ability to string people along is just what they look for, you know. With the Sheeringa Gang calling the shots the Options pilotgroup never knows what the truth actually is. How frustrating! In a situation like that a contract is the only thing the pilots can trust. Best Wishes! NJW

My son lives at home and is in high school, I've never personally flown over the Pacific, and I've never had the opportunity to cross a pickett line.

That's a lie. It was posted by a moderator months ago that your registrations information shows you to be a known SCAB.

Wow...moderators blowing in know-scabs....

that's pretty cool.

There are about 200 that need to be gone at NJ, from the one who pees on nose gear in front of an fbo to the one who causes CEOs to miss meetings - but the lock step self proclaimed union myrmidons on the website fanatically support them.

800, it's generally accepted that unions breed laziness..so every now and then, as you mention above, there are those that take advantage of that fact.

That assumption/opinion is generally based on blue collar, factory workers (often a higher turn-over rate, less career mind-set)--not on the behavior of professional pilots. I'm not saying there aren't a few bad apples out there (that's reality) like the sort found in every large group. However, there are plenty of posts on the NJ Association board calling for the pilotgroup to continue/improve their self-policing efforts and demanding that high standards be followed by every pilot in the Association. One hopes that the need for a class act/appearance and outstanding customer service would be obvious to all frac pilots, but reminders can't hurt. My thanks to all the hard-working NJ pilots that uphold the Company's good reputation.

Just to clarify, I think the Options pilots were wrongfully fired for trumped up reasons--not productivity levels they had little control over. The bad apples at FltOps are easy to spot in upper management and their rotten actions are stinking up the company.

Last edited:
I would have thought the Flt Ops Management would be a bit more careful about, potentially illegal actions while a union is negotiating a contract. I'm no lawyer but I believe people have gone to prison for willful violation of the laws governing Labor in this country. Or maybe they're really just too stupid to watch their own 6.

Anyone Notice Lately????

Anyone notice a big change in when people (outside the industry) ask you where you work, and you usually have to explain what it is, etc...that NOW as soon as you say "Flight Options" (embarrassed)-- you don't even have to say anymore....So far SEVERAL times I've gotten the "OH! YEAH! I was just reading about them in the paper---that's the place that just fired all those people" answer.
Infamous now, I guess.
Apparently there IS such a thing as BAD publicity, because every Joe Schmo is enlightened on the intricacies of a company that makes you fly "the junk.":rolleyes:

I just talked to a couple of FLOPS owners this week and let them know exactly what is going on at FLOPS. We have nothing to loose now that FLOPS terminated 70 of our pilots

The one good thing about hitting bottom is there's no place to go but up. It also sometimes takes a slap in the face to wake some pilots up to the reality of what has been going on around them as they sit on the fence refusing to rock the boat. Mixed metaphors, yes. But the overworked/underpaid Options pilotgroup knows exactly what I'm talking about. Hang in there! It's always darker before dawn. NJW

Latest resources

Back