• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet the layoff number is around 20. I haven't heard any rumors of us being sold but, that sounds like a really good idea at this point. What good is bombardier to us? Obviously, nothing.

Do you think that this is somewhat the same scenario as what is happening at CS? IE: What good is Flex to Bombardier? Very small revenue stream to Bombardier for the hassle/risk of running a whole flight department that has historically struggled to make money and has a small share of the market given the 800lb gorilla?

With CS and now Flex, I'm wondering if it's a industry wide problem now. And how soon the shoe drops at NJA or others....

I bet the layoff number is around 20. I haven't heard any rumors of us being sold but, that sounds like a really good idea at this point. What good is bombardier to us? Obviously, nothing.

Would it not be more economical to offer an incentive package to get 20 senior guys to retire now, rather than furlough from the bottom? Knock off the highest earners, less two captain crews, no need to drop the guys who have been back less than a year.

Would save on training costs in a year when these pilots leave and have to replace/retrain pilots to fill their spot

Maybe this is the big announcement? :)

Bombardier Flexjet is taking its rebranding efforts to the next step with the addition of Christopher Bero as the company’s new director of marketing. He joins Flexjet with more than 15 years of experience in brand marketing and communications. Most recently, Bero was responsible for managing strategic marketing activities and media initiatives at Samsung Mobile Electronics. In his new role at Flexjet, he will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing plans and communication strategies to further strengthen the fractional provider’s market position and brand recognition.

Would it not be more economical to offer an incentive package to get 20 senior guys to retire now, rather than furlough from the bottom? Knock off the highest earners, less two captain crews, no need to drop the guys who have been back less than a year.

the problem with that is some of these guys think they can fly until they're 75... some of the "highest earners" won't take it

Well if Flex is being set up to be sold, I'm sure the senior cool aid drinking pilots are going to regret their rejection of getting a union on property... Union won't help keep company from being sold but would help with integration with whoever buys us.... Too late now!

and who's gonna buy you?? as far as biz jet operators go, only NJA could buy Flex, and NJA has bigger fish to fry, like staying alive.

Bombardier and Berkshire are stuck with these two for the moment. Let's be realistic, who's going to buy into this mess?

and who's gonna buy you?? as far as biz jet operators go, only NJA could buy Flex, and NJA has bigger fish to fry, like staying alive.

Bombardier and Berkshire are stuck with these two for the moment. Let's be realistic, who's going to buy into this mess?

You are 100% correct!

lol. There is not one pilot working here that saw this coming. Everyone here thought things were headed in the right direction. The reason everyone here thought that is because THAT IS WHAT WE WERE TOLD. This came from absolutely no where. The last layoff was anticipated for a long time and this one came like a fart in the wind.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back