• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flex was always a good place to work, even though they pissed me off every now and then. They wonder why they score so low on communication, well this is it. This will haunt employee moral for a long time. I know I hadn't forgotten the crappy deal 3 years ago, and I thought about that with each survey. I don't know how we went from the E-Mail on the 7th of May, (things are doing great, ahead of budget on every thing except live hours, down 4 or 5%). Now 22 days later, gloom and doom e-mail. Then on the 5th we are firing an unknown number of employs you'll knownby Friday. I still a little bit stunned. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted

Flex was always a good place to work, even though they pissed me off every now and then. They wonder why they score so low on communication, well this is it. This will haunt employee moral for a long time. I know I hadn't forgotten the crappy deal 3 years ago, and I thought about that with each survey. I don't know how we went from the E-Mail on the 7th of May, (things are doing great, ahead of budget on every thing except live hours, down 4 or 5%). Now 22 days later, gloom and doom e-mail. Then on the 5th we are firing an unknown number of employs you'll knownby Friday. I still a little bit stunned. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted

That is why we think there is something else in play here. When you right size a company this fast there is only 3 things it could be: (Keep in mind we are understaffed by 6 pilots and there will be no downgrades.)

1: Incompetent Management wanted to just rip the bandaid quickly to minimize blowback from a long drawn out "excuse".

2: Make the company lean just prior to a merger

3: Accounting screwed something up or someone stealing from the company, i.e. and/or "cooking the books".

Last edited:
7 early retirements
22 let go from the bottom
6 other pilot spots to remain unfilled
2 Flex Canada
10 from the Waterview

....and we have to wait until Monday to find out what the almighty hurry was.

Someone please explain the hurry on Monday, if they explain.

The explanation we got on the "hurry" was that Fred made the mistake of just waiting til the last minute. Not really an answer but basically was saying that he didn't think it through well enough. Well, I'm not buying it. I hate to be that conspiracy person but, this whole thing smells of a sale. They can deny that all they want and, they will deny it if it is true so, we won't know until the night prior---kind of like the layoffs.

The rumor that I heard is that NJA wants to buy a bunch of CL30s, but they also want a no-compete clause written into the deal. Of course, this is all "hush-hush". If this comes to fruition, it'll essentially be a death blow to FJ. Hopefully it's just a rumor.

It could be a death blow if they allow that clause; however, Flexjet's response would be the 85. I highly doubt there is a no compete clause though. Number one, has that ever happened? Number two, why would Bombardier accept a deal to where they would only ever sell that plane to one company? That would be stupid on their part; however, I have seen crazier things at this place.

just learned that NJA got a no-compete clause with their deal on the Globals. I think that it's pretty likely that they also got one with their deal on the Challengers. Time will only tell...

just learned that NJA got a no-compete clause with their deal on the Globals. I think that it's pretty likely that they also got one with their deal on the Challengers. Time will only tell...

You are wrong. That would mean we cease to exist as of today and we got word from the REAL CEO on our "status" as a company as it relates to Bombardier so, nice guess but you're wrong.

Latest resources

Back