• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was surprised because I have been flying 3-5 legs a day and that includes first and last day too. If it's so dead here, how can that be?

@doh Same here for the most part but also a lot of standby this year. If you look at the ODQ and Live Hours Variance numbers on the BB for the past few months they are way down just like in '09 before the layoffs began. Whatever the reason, none of this cool. I propose that FR take a paycut big enough to save one job. Since he can't seem to create any jobs here at Flex maybe he can at least save one.

That's true but the driving factor, based on what they tell us, are those two numbers, along with with Net Cum, that determine staffing levels. I'm not defending their decisions. I was just responding to Doh because a lot of us have done tons of standby lately along with watching the numbers spiral down. If those numbers are a true indicater of the company's finances then we're all in trouble.

The frustrating thing is that there was no warning. No preventative steps. No options provided to the pilot group. Not yet anyway. From recalls and we're kicking ace to dropping the axe. Funny how that happens.

You're right - it's incredibly frustrating. No warning or attempt to prevent this from happening. How much money could the company have saved if we'd looked at reducing the yield months ago? How many of our pilots would have looked at the voluntary severance package if it had been offered earlier? Not impressed with the way the company has handled this...

You're right - it's incredibly frustrating. No warning or attempt to prevent this from happening. How much money could the company have saved if we'd looked at reducing the yield months ago? How many of our pilots would have looked at the voluntary severance package if it had been offered earlier? Not impressed with the way the company has handled this...

The dooom and gloom email from the previous week was setting the table which means that the brain trust has known about this for for two weeks minimum. In typical FJ style they elected to wait until hair on fire/let's stamp it out with a hammer mode was reached.

I'll echo another pilot on the belly in that I will be very disappointed if we cut so deeply that the yield is back up to 16 days and we're all back in FR's patented meat grinder. I'm disappointed that they didn't give the senior guys more than two days to pull the trigger on early retirement. And it's going to be interesting seeing how the fleets are effected as their are a lot of 45 and 300 guys on the bottom of the list as well as a relatively large number of 604 guys given that we just traded two FO's fleet assignments to staff it up again. Also curious to see how many people are downgraded.

Here's some intel from the Benefits Department:

The early retirement and layoff severance will be the same. You'd be paid your daily rate X 202 days divided by 26 weeks X 6 if I remember correctly. This would be in the $17,000-18,000 lumpsum ballpark with two months of COBRA. She said also that they've had a few (whatever her definition of a "few" is) take the early out already.

I dont think I am going to make the cut, but even if I do I am out once I find something else. I have had enough of this place.

Latest resources

Back