• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't you all just bitch about something you don't know about to your pillow so I don't have to read about it. First of all I have never worked more than 16 on my last day

Oh the 16 hr day defiently exsists. I think it might depend where you live and where your rotation started. Recently I finished my 16th hr at the gate in PSP. Thankfully they flew me back too my car which was in PSP. It was a 2.0 hr drive home. So add the wake up time on the east coast and drive time, it makes for a 19 hr day.

That being said, its only at its worse during peak season. But it is also true that this is a buisness and Flexjet is definetly one of the better flying jobs out there. In my expereince I have had management go out of there way to help me and that goes along way.

spin zone

Yes we have floating rest sort of, but at least we can get more than 10 hours before we have to go back to the airport to sit for 8 plus hours. Like NJ does.
Does not happen all that often.
And no I am not management I am a pilot sitting in a hotel room while my plane is in maintenance instead of sitting at the airport because my contract says I have too.
Actually, it is the opposite. No plan , plane or crew, you will be in the hotel. Face it, work without a contract sucks.

Actually, it is the opposite. No plan , plane or crew, you will be in the hotel. Face it, work without a contract sucks.

I have seen the guys sitting at airports without a full crew or even and aircraft. I have talked to the guys on the hotel van going to sit for the day for 8 hours then repo after that. This isn't hearsay its straight from the pilots. Are some things better at NJ than at Flex, maybe. Are some things better at Flex, YES. Is a union and a contract better, Oh Hell NO.

But back to topic I have had over 24 hour layovers and I have had 10 hour. It all depends on where you are and whether or not someone wants to go somewhere. All are the same.

Thanks Walsh. I have the same thing to say. In the 6 day rotation that I just finished, we spent nearly 2 whole days sitting in the Montreal Airport Hilton - concierge level lounge and all. We called dispatch and asked to go somewhere because we were getting bored at the hotel, needed stock, and had training to finish. We ended up at the Boston Airport Hilton, a gorgeous place with a beautiful lobby, cool restaurant/lounge, flat screen in the room.

My last day was 12 1/2 hours, realizing that the last 3 of those was snoozing in seat 11F, made possible by AA Platinum status.

Holiday Inns? Maybe in small markets like Rock Springs, or Paducah, or West Memphis. Darned near every pilot in this company is Hilton Diamond within 6 months. My Marriott points are building also - just had a $400 Marriott in Saratoga, NY. Also frequently enjoy the SJC Marriott.

I agree that I'd like a change to the floating rest period, but alternative is that 4 a.m. airport standby every day. No fractional's work rules prevent 14 up - 10 down for days on end. I'd rather sleep and take the risk of the phone call.
Who do you know? I'm so tired I'm walking with a limp.

Walsh, I'm usually a company cheerleader, but while I haven't work a 16 hr day I have been working 15.7- 15.2 14.6 my last 3 roatations (last day). Tell your pillow your own sweet dreams!

I like my job but the last day crap needs to stop.

How many have woke up on either coast or at home base to be told you are released or airlined home to be off by 15:00?

While I agree that there are some late days on the last day, I have seen a lot of home by 11:00 to 16:00 by just airlining home or being on home reserve on my last day.

Like any job, you have to remember the good with the bad. Flexjet still beats an office job with no view any day.

Just my $0.02 worth.

I have seen the guys sitting at airports without a full crew or even and aircraft. I have talked to the guys on the hotel van going to sit for the day for 8 hours then repo after that. This isn't hearsay its straight from the pilots. Are some things better at NJ than at Flex, maybe. Are some things better at Flex, YES. Is a union and a contract better, Oh Hell NO.

But back to topic I have had over 24 hour layovers and I have had 10 hour. It all depends on where you are and whether or not someone wants to go somewhere. All are the same.

Then those boys don't know their contract. Probably missed making some serious dough, or having time in the hotel. You enjoy it over there. Believe what you want about Unions.
Is a Union and a contract better? OH HELL YES!

flex is not that bad at all. actually I have had home reserve to start my rotations for 4 days this summer. Just had a 24 hour layover on the beach. I had a long last day 2 times this year, typically you are on a flight by 12-3 PM and I am usually home around 5-8 PM most of the time.

I have not had a problem with the floating rest. 9 times out of 10 you are put in rest at 5 central. Yes if you stay up late the night before thinking you have a 3 pm departure and they call you at 4 AM to recover a trip that stinks.

It does not take me my whole first day off to recover from the trip I am not sure where people are getting that.

Flex is not for everyone, If you seem to be the type of person who likes everything scheduled and very little changes than this is not the place for you.

It seems to be a good place to work. If you do not want to commute and want to live in Dallas, New York, South Florida, or Southern California this is not a bad place to work and if you do not have the airline bug. Am I ever going to be rich here, no but I will not be poor either.

flex is not that bad at all. actually I have had home reserve to start my rotations for 4 days this summer. Just had a 24 hour layover on the beach. I had a long last day 2 times this year, typically you are on a flight by 12-3 PM and I am usually home around 5-8 PM most of the time.

I have not had a problem with the floating rest. 9 times out of 10 you are put in rest at 5 central. Yes if you stay up late the night before thinking you have a 3 pm departure and they call you at 4 AM to recover a trip that stinks.

It does not take me my whole first day off to recover from the trip I am not sure where people are getting that.

Flex is not for everyone, If you seem to be the type of person who likes everything scheduled and very little changes than this is not the place for you.

It seems to be a good place to work. If you do not want to commute and want to live in Dallas, New York, South Florida, or Southern California this is not a bad place to work and if you do not have the airline bug. Am I ever going to be rich here, no but I will not be poor either.

Everything you say is true but remember we are wrong because we are Flex and they are right because they are Netjets. The are the best because they have a union and we do not. They are the best and we suck. You will never convince the NetJets people otherwise because they are so full of hot air. This was just flame bait. I have noticed alot of people are posting something just so they can sit back and watch NetJets chew us apart. Oh Well I have a cold beer and College football to watch.

Bailey

Interesting reply, Bailey. If you go back and read the posts, Walshfly was the first to mention NJ. He did so by commenting on our work rules. That seems like an open invitation to set the record straight.

Latest resources

Back