• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting reply, Bailey. If you go back and read the posts, Walshfly was the first to mention NJ. He did so by commenting on our work rules. That seems like an open invitation to set the record straight.

Your wrong it wasn't and open invitation. It is fact, its what was really happening. They were sitting in LWB, I ate dinner with them, this isn't guessing or some sort of screwed view, straight from their mouths. I was there for an hour to pick up and they were there for 8 hours that day. The previous day the sat at hot spring VA doing the same thing. So don't blame me for pointing out the truth.

The QOL is not that bad. I came from independence and I work a hell of a lot less here than I did over there. maybe 400 hours at most my first year. Maybe I am just lucky tho... I get a 5am or earlier call maybe once every 3 rotations, a 14+ hour day maybe once every other rotation.

when I was ONT based, I got a day of home reserve 3 out of 4 rotations, did nothing but airline on my last day 50% of the time or more....

I think NJs might have better work rules (cant say I have a copy of the contract in the bathroom for reading material), but Flex is by no means slave labor or anything. I'd like to see the floating rest go away, that is the biggest pain. Makes planning sleep for a redeye the next day interesting. Stay up all night?? oh wait, the phone can ring at 1am....

Last edited:
Flex is just terrible. I was just on for 7 days and actually had to fly 5 of them. On top of that I had to sleep in my own bed for 3 nights. And the clincher was on day 7 I didn't go on duty until 1730lcl and terminated at my gateway at 2240lcl. One hour post flight plus a limo to my car at another airport meant I had to get an overtime day. Oh the humanity.

Well mr Walsh, you WILL get the 16 hour last day, trust me. You've been lucky, as I have been lucky a few times too. Try getting home after 11pm FIVE rotations in a row on your last day. It's happened to me and it WILL happen to you, eventually.

I would kill for a 12 hour day on my last day lately. The problem right now at flex is we are extremely short on crews. There are a dozen airplanes sitting around every day uncrewed while the lucky ones working get 14 hour duty days to cover it. One good thing is, it can't get any worse this christmas because we're already working max days right now.

Oh and edatheairport, please change your avatar! :)

Flex is just terrible. I was just on for 7 days and actually had to fly 5 of them. On top of that I had to sleep in my own bed for 3 nights. And the clincher was on day 7 I didn't go on duty until 1730lcl and terminated at my gateway at 2240lcl. One hour post flight plus a limo to my car at another airport meant I had to get an overtime day. Oh the humanity.

DUDE ! That is horrible...where are you based? :)

Well mr Walsh, you WILL get the 16 hour last day, trust me. You've been lucky, as I have been lucky a few times too. Try getting home after 11pm FIVE rotations in a row on your last day. It's happened to me and it WILL happen to you, eventually.

I would kill for a 12 hour day on my last day lately. The problem right now at flex is we are extremely short on crews. There are a dozen airplanes sitting around every day uncrewed while the lucky ones working get 14 hour duty days to cover it. One good thing is, it can't get any worse this christmas because we're already working max days right now.

Oh and edatheairport, please change your avatar! :)

I haven't landed that late in the year that I have been here. Maybe because I am DFW based and I almost always get a direct flight home.

I like Ed's fro! Or is that Buckwheat?

True statement: A netjet pilot will work around 20 days less per year than a flex pilot with the 7 & 7 schuedule. (different for reserve). Plus the vacation deal sucks at flex.

Latest resources

Back