• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bailey, read their contract concerning your stapling comment. IBT representation would allow us some seniority integration. Without IBT representation we more than likely go to the bottom.​

1.10(c)(i) If pilots of the acquired carrier are hired by the Company, the seniority lists of
the respective pilot groups shall be integrated pursuant to Teamsters Merger Policy if
both groups are represented by the IBT, or if the pilots of the acquired airline are not
represented by the IBT, then pursuant to a method to be determined by the Union.
Seniority integration procedures shall be promptly initiated following announcement of
an operational merger affecting the seniority of the pilot groups.

That is NOT what that paragraph says. 1108 has learned frpm previous mergers that a simple staple creates bad blood within the ranks. 1108 is about UNITY, PRIDE, and STRENGTH.

That information can't be talked about but, I'm hearing that we're really close. Alot closer than the company would like to believe.
Gross you better throw us a pretty big bone;14 day lines, at least 20 different bases, better benefits, 5% higher pay than Netjets, and solve the rest issue, ahh hell there is so many I can't name them all. You blew last time, get it right or this will haunt you. I'm hearing talk from senior challenger folks about bringing the teamsters in.
Things are changing at Flex!

NASA Selects Space Shuttle Aviation Transportation Contractor

Two years ago this was a flexjet contract. Lots of good news coming from NetJets and NOTHING coming from Flex.

?????

title_news_releases.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Katherine Trinidad
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-3749
[email protected]

Nov. 8, 2007 CONTRACT RELEASE: C07-055

NASA Selects Space Shuttle Aviation Transportation Contractor

WASHINGTON - NASA has selected NetJets Inc., of Woodbridge, N.J., for commercial aviation transportation services in support of NASA's Space Operations Mission Directorate.

The contractor will provide commercial air transportation services to replace NASA aircraft that currently support the agency's human space flight missions. Air transportation services also will be available to NASA for space mission contingencies, such as in-space and natural disasters. In addition, the contractor will provide air transportation for astronaut crews and mission support personnel to Russia.

The contractor will receive an indefinite delivery-indefinite quantity contract with fixed price rates. The contract will have a maximum value of $25 million over the five-year period of performance.

For information about NASA and agency programs, visit:

www.nasa.gov

I believe the cards go to the NLRB. They have to know otherwise 1 pilot could send in the minimum required cards and force a vote. The cards have to be signed because your signature will be checked to verify it's you.
The company does not know who sent in their cards for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I believe the cards go to the NLRB. They have to know otherwise 1 pilot could send in the minimum required cards and force a vote.

Look at the address on the card. That'll tell you where it's going: the IBT1108 headquarters in Gahanna, Ohio.

The cards are collected and counted by the union to determine if there's enough interest to petition the National Mediation Board to hold a representation election. (The National Labor Relations Board has nothing to do with this process, as air carriers are governed by the Railway Labor Act. Thus, the NMB, not NLRB, is the governing agency.)

The company will never see the cards, and neither the company nor NMB is involved at this stage. This is strictly between the pilots and 1108, to see if there's enough interest to have an election. (Obviously, if a strong majority of the pilots isn't interested enough to even send in a card, there's no point in doing more.)

I'm not sure what 1108 requires to go forward with a campaign; when I did this with ALPA, I believe they wanted to see 75-80% to petition for an election.

Hope that helps!

Why are people on the BB willing to accept the promise of a raise in may? why should we have to wait until may? the "budget"? I dont buy it. does DG get a bonus if we stay under budget for the year? My guess is yes, and there is your reason for pushing increases in pay/QOL to may '08.

dont take the crumbs!!! We need to keep the momemtum going.

Latest resources

Back