Flexjet Falls Short

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CL300Pilot said:
I thought they said that pay started on Feb. 1 and that by May 1 the new schedules would start and new pilots would be hired? Did I miss this?

That's the way we understood what they were spitting at us. The new per diem and OT pay starts Feb 1...... The rest is put off til May.

But, at least Fraxjockitch is happy.

FraxJockey said:
... the "flex" schedule amounts to the standard 17 that we are doing (if you are senior enough you CAN hold the reduced lines). The problem is this will be limited to the upper half of the seniority list (like NJA)....

Drinkin' that company Kool-Aid are Ya :
Yes, in theory you can BID down from a 17 day line. It just doesn't happen.

Maybe you should talk to some of us bidding at the top of our fleet. Standard 17 days on my bids. I try to bid down to 14, 15 ,16... I only get those bids down to 15 or 16 on Vacation months when they have to build my schedule by hand.

Underlying problem = PBS. The system is worthless, and a fix was not presented at the meeting.

Wow, so much for keeping a finger on the pulse of your employees.

Keep on postin' Fraxman.
:smash:

Last edited:
Cmon guys????

CL300/Fraqs jock,

You better not be one of my EXFLEX buddies... (if you are, wake up!!!)

If you are happy where you are..... cool.....

I just have to say, I am much happier where I am..

I've been trying not to post because I have friends on both sides (I dont think there should be sides, we should be united)

Just got the word I'm headed for Afghanistan, good luck to ya.... I hope it turns out OK.

Planet Airways

guido411 said:
Twin,

Is Captain pay based on years in service, or years in seat? I.e. an FO that upgrades in year 4 starts accumulating 4th year Captain pay? Or starts back at year 1 Captain pay?

Hey guido, does this news clip match up with your pic you have of Planet Airways 727?....

SALT LAKE CITY - An airliner loaded with 68 federal prisoners tipped over on a wing after mechanics jacked up a set of wheels to replace a worn tire at the airport. No one was injured.

The Boeing 727 was making a weekly stop in Salt Lake City Friday to pick up federal prisoners and drop others off when mechanics began working on the plane.

Airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann said the plane was jacked up on asphalt not strong enough to handle the weight of a fully fueled Boeing 727. Mechanics also miscalculated the plane’s center of gravity.

“They should have either moved it, drained it of fuel or made other accommodations,” Gann said.

Maintenance workers and firefighters righted the plane using heavy equipment.

The inmates are being held in area jails while the plane is repaired, which officials said could take until Tuesday.

The chartered plane is owned by Planet Airways Inc. of Orlando, Fla. Last year another Planet Airways chartered flight carrying federal prisoners blew two tires while landing at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, forcing an emergency evacuation of the prisoners. No one was hurt.

FraxJockey said:
Like I said, some of us like it here and some don't. I don't drink Koolaid company or union. I have had experience at BOTH union and non-union shops and that is what I am basing my vote (or lack there of) on. I'll let my silence speak for itself.

Please, for your sake - DO remain silent. Everytime your yap starts flappin' (in the form of your keyboard) you sound like a fool. We got handed a steaming pile of $hit yesterday and I for one will be watching my mail very closely in the coming weeks. I might even sit by my mailbox in a lawnchair with a frosty beer in one hand, and a pen in the other.

Management tried to make it seem like great things were coming in the last few days. Then they were surprised when no one got down on their knees and bowed when the "raise" was released. Well - sit tight fellas, we'll give ourselves a raise in the near future. And the rest of the $hit they are forcing upon us will be changed as well.

For those saying it doesn't say anywhere in the FOM that the phone must be answered while in rest.... get f-ing real. You know damn well that you either are A) Full o $hit, or B) A lying piece of management. Everyone knows what will happen if someone puts your little theory to the test.

In short, everyone that has the sack, vote yes when the time comes. For you other pu$$ies, I guess you can sit on our coattails and ride out the battle. In the long run, you will be in a better position for it whether you admit it or not.

I am on the road, otherwise I would have gone to yesterday's or today's meeting. I am stunned that managment has yet to put out anything official either by BB or voicemail for those of us out on the road. The only thing we can count on for any idea of what's going is this board or the grapevine on the road. WTF? How completly irresponsible and their is NO excuse for it except that maybe they want to keep the element of surprise for the meeting today for whatever stupid reason that might be...

The thing is, I have heard about 10 different things. I don't know what is reality other than they are all $hit and all much less than expected given the company's "you're going to be very happy" promises lately. It would appear as though they have no idea what QOL issues are as they didn't succesfully address one of them as I've heard it.

The money is secondary, but you can bet you a$$ they ran the numbers and figured out a 20% increase across the board was cheaper than hiring enough guys to put us at the 180 day work year all the rest of the fracs have.

And what is this 16.5 or 15.5 or 114.5 day spin $hit? I don't work 1/2 days and no one else does either. 17 days x 13 BPs is 221. Plain and simple. 16 days x 13 BPs is 208 -- not 202. Don't talk to me in demand percentages, talk to me in hard numbers of how many days my a$$ will be humping away for the company. Half days -- give me a fcuking break.

Clueless, clueless ba$tard$. Way to keep a union off the property boys. As a bombardier stockholder, these jacka$$es should all be fired -- mark my words in two years this will be seen as possibly the dumbest move they ever could have made.

VIVA LA UNION REVOLUTION!!!

For those not there Monday....

Peter and those who were not at the meeting,

For what ever it is worth, and I am sure for you and everyone not in attendance, this will not be much. They said that they were not going to post anything on BB or anywhere else until they had the meetings done. Right, wrong or indifferent, that is what they said. Pay raise wise, across the board is pretty decent. No, they did not address the QOL issues like everyone had hoped as far as 181 days or so a year. They are hiring quite a few pilots though. I believe they said 12 to replace what we have lost and 25 by May 1. They are looking at upgrading everyone hired up til 2 years ago. We will be getting 14 new a/c for new owners equaling another 60 or 70 more pilots next year as well. I am only a line guy like yourself, so I don't have all of the answers, but if you have any questions, PM me and I will tell you what I know.

Cl300pilot

Hittn' the nail on the head.

Kermit and Griff.

You both bring up Great points. I'll be waiting for my card as well.
QOL issues just weren't addressed. And, once again throwing percentages and 1/2 days worked just doesn't fit reality.

You would think that if they were so proud of this package, It would be Posted everywhere!!!!

Latest resources

Back